Relationship Care

Ask a relationship coach for help with relationships

What are some awesome 40th Birthday ideas Wife? Gifts,

What are some awesome 40th...
What are some awesome 40th Birthday ideas for my Wife? Gifts, dinner or small get-togethers, and/or weekend getaway ideas? (we live in Maryland - Eastern shore)
She doesn't want a big surprise party. Just looking for some great ideas as my mind is exhausted!
Thank you.
3/8/2016
CounselorJules
CounselorJules, Counselor, marriage and family specialty

Awww. You sound so thoughtful! Thank you for using the service! One thing I would consider is what her love languages are. Does she like quality time, physical touch, gifts, words of affirmation, or acts of service? If you know what that is, I could help you even more! Any feedback for me and then I can help your process more specific options! A website that may be useful 5LOVELANGUAGES.COM and it is simply helpful to know these anyway!

I will be looking for your feedback! I want to help, but I want to be as thorough as possible!

This is what I am thinking-- if she enjoys "physical touch" how about a nice spa getaway-- manicure, pedicure, massage, facial, etc with essential oils to make a woman feel really good about herself! If she likes gifts-- how about a nostalgic gift, even a personalized scrapbook or picture album recounting the wonderful memories! Have her family help with sending little quips or special memories too! If she likes "acts of service" think of how you can pamper her or help her accomplish some things around the home that she always wanted to do-- like an update? Something she would never do for herself? If she likes words of affirmations, think of ways that you can shower her with praises. Think of what would encourage her to feel appreciated. And if she likes quality time-- weekend getaway with you! Try hiking or antiquing, or staying in a quaint bed and breakfast! If she misses extended family, have them come over for a surprise dinner! But have it catered so you don't have to cook or clean! Ha! I hope that is helpful! If not, we can continue processing!

CounselorJules

I hope that has been helpful! you sound like a considerate partner! I hope she enjoys whatever you plan! Please accept the answer or provide any information that can help me, help you!

Thank you for accepting the answer and the positive feedback! I would love to hear what you decide! Happy Birthday to your wife in advance! Julie

I just wanted to follow up out of curiosity and find out what you chose to do :)

Finalizing it all. I did make reservations for a restaurant called "The Melting Pot" for a small surprise this Saturday with a handful of her closest friends so far.

Debating between a weekend family trip to New York City the following weekend or a night away with just us.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.