Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

My boyfriend broke up with me the day after I told him "I…

Customer Question
My boyfriend broke up...

My boyfriend broke up with me the day after I told him "I love you." Should I have waited for him to say it?

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.

We had been together for 3 months but it felt like we knew each other our whole lives. He told me he had never been this close to anyone before and felt so happy with me. He would sometimes say he wished we could lay in each other s arms forever and wanted me to live with him. His friends and family said he was always saying how happy he was with me but that he felt scared too. He was telling me how happy he was and saying he was crazy about me. I then told him I loved him because I was almost sure he felt the same. His response was to kiss me and say thank you.. that he really liked me and felt attached to me but wasn t ready to say it.. I was crushed and started crying. The next day I was more quiet than usual just from the shock and later that day he broke up with me.. He also made me move out of his place and take the next flight home saying he does not see a future with me. Now I regret ever saying it and scaring away the love of my life. Do you think it was wrong to say it? He now says he s made his final decision and I can t change his mind. :( He won't accept my calls.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Relationship
4/3/2018
Counselor: Therapist Leslie, Counselor replied 5 months ago
Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Counselor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.