Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I’m in a situation now that I could really use some insight…

Customer Question
I’m in a situation...

I’m in a situation now that I could really use some insight on if possible.I met a guy back in December (Miami boy I’ll call him) who I really liked, though at the time I was actually in a relationship. Of course he began pursuing and chasing me. By chance I ended up breaking up with my boyfriend almost right after meeting this new guy. For reasons having nothing to with this newbie, pure coincidence as I said. I almost immediately became wrapped up with a different guy right after (LA guy).
I was continuously chased and pursued by Miami guy, and (to your horror I’m sure) I actually asked the Miami guy if he wanted to sleep together! Of course he said yes, we went out just the two of us, had dinner etc and then you know the rest. I honestly figured I wouldn’t hear much from him after that but quite the opposite, he continued to chase for 2 more months! Telling me how much he missed me, when could he come see me, when could I could see him, that he needed me back in his life, etc. But I was so wrapped up in my break up & this new “LA guy” that I was quite literally hard to get without even trying.
Fast forward to mid March and Miami guy tells me he’s coming to Vegas (where I live) and I’m so excited! I am finally feeling ready to move on from my break up and so ready to ditch my rebound “LA guy”. So, Miami guy comes to see me, we have dinner/go out/ sleep together/spend the next morning together, I feel like I actually really like this guy & I can actually put more focus into him which feels nice after being pulled in so many directions emotionally over the last few months.
After realizing that I have more feelings for him than I thought I start to panic internally. I don’t hear from him for that week (not that unusual for us but now I like him so I’m freaking out). My best friend invites me to come visit her in LA (Miami guy actually lives in LA just to clarify) and of course I want to see her! But I don’t tell Miami guy...I really like him now and don’t want to get my heart broken if he doesn’t want to see me so I don’t reach out. The first night I end up seeing him out and he’s SO excited to see me! Kissing me, asking “are you really here right now?!” He has to finish up some work and says he will meet up with me in a few minutes. Well, he never comes to find me. Instead I get a text “I’m kind of upset you didn’t tell me you were in la...feels like you didn’t want to tell me on purpose/didn’t want to see me”. And I’m like no way! Let’s talk really quick! He texts back “well I don’t think this is a good time to talk...” so why did he bring it up?! I’m so confused at this point, I honestly thought he wouldn’t care... he walks in and I grab him like “Hey, what’s up?” And his excited demeanor that I just recently saw is nowhere to be found. I tell him the reason I didn’t tell him I was in town, that I really liked him and just didn’t know what to do. And I wasn’t sure if he actually really liked me! We exchange some kisses and he asks me about going to lunch the following day, of course I say yes.
Then lunch time rolls around and I hear nothing. I say screw it and text him... “lunch?! :-D” I say...and he says he’s exhausted but texts back, “how about tomorrow?” I simply reply, “okay.” Tomorrow comes and it’s getting close to dinner. I text him again (I know, bad) “dinner?” and he responds “I would love to have dinner with you but (insert lame work excuse). I don’t respond.Am I crazy here? Is he totally over me? I’m so mad at myself for letting myself start to like him. I have so enjoyed our relationship the last few months, he has put such a smile on my face during a time when I really needed it. Now I’m finally in a position to give him a bit more attention and the rug gets pulled out from me. Im confused and hurt, but am dying to hear from him/see him/ have him start chasing me again! Have I completely screwed it up?!

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?

That’s it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Relationship
3/31/2018
Counselor: CounselorJules, Counselor replied 5 months ago
CounselorJules
CounselorJules, Counselor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.