Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I just wanted to ask a few questions that might sound like…

Customer Question
Hi! I just wanted...

Hi! I just wanted to ask a few questions that might sound like I'm just paranoid but seeing it constantly makes me think all day.

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.

My girlfriend does or says one thing yet when it is done to her she gets mad. If i even dare to ask her or do the same she does to me she responds angrily and starts arguments ending in me saying sorry and being at fault.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

Another example when she is done showering she wants me out of the room to change or when she is changing in general. When i change after the shower or in general she wants to see what I am doing Apart from that she always has her phone with her like she is messaging someone and when she goes to the restroom to "pee" she's there for an hour and turns her phone around all the time when im in the room. I feel like she is talking to someone else or web camming someone because i hear another voice aside from her from time to time and she gets mad and calls me phsyco or crazy and tries to end the relationship.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Relationship
3/30/2018
Counselor: CounselorJules, Counselor replied 3 months ago
CounselorJules
CounselorJules, Counselor

Hi,I'm Jules, a LPC,I am reviewing your relationship question now. If you have other specific information, please feel free to send it. Thank you!

Thank you for sharing so much information. It sounds like there is the presence of behaviors or patterns that could be concerning, and that does not make you "paranoid." It sounds like you see patterns that lead to a feeling of mistrust, and then when it is confronted, it feels that she is "defensive." Her defensiveness leads to maybe you feeling that she is hiding something more. She also seems to flip the situation around and it leads to you apologizing. All of that can feel toxic or exhausting. Do you feel that there is a way to gently discuss the situation without it leading to a fight? I can help you with doing that if this is what you need?