Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

My husband and I have been married for 25 years and have 3…

Customer Question
My husband and I...

My husband and I have been married for 25 years and have 3 amazing daughters. My husband is an alcoholic. he admits it but refuses to stop drinking although it's not as much as it used to be, I have suffered from Major Depressive Disorder since I was 16 I grew up in a very abusive home my father molested my when I was 9 years old and he hated me for the rest of my life He was a raging alcoholic and was a physical abuser I drank but I stopped because I realized that I was just a jerk when I did. My husband and I have not had sex in over 12 years, he has ED and refuses to get help he throws himself into work and that's it we don't hold hands or anything there is NO touching. My Mom passed away in August of last year and he hugged me once, I was left to suffer on my own I still haven't really dealt with it I feel rejected to my very core worthless, ugly it is extremely painful to be me. I noticed that even with our girls he cannot just give a compliment it is always a backhanded compliment, or he plays stupid games like knuckles where you both make a fist and hit eachothers knuckles until one of you gives up, REALLY? he hurts them and when they complain or I hear it and tell him to stop being an ass he gets angry and just says "f**k ya'll" and walks away he has two emotions, monoemotional (no emotion) or anger. I need help

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

I have been working all of my life and always made a lot of money the depression has left me out of work for weeks or months at a time lessening my income significantly this too makes him angry. He has only been physically violent once he was drunk my oldest daughter that is now 25 was 18 he was drunk all of a sudden he came charging up the stairs and was about to punch her and I got in the middle and he punched me in the face. we have been to marriage counseling but everytime the therapist says something that he doesn't like we never go back.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Relationship
3/24/2018
Counselor: John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC) replied 3 months ago
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.