Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

How often is too often to? Is it considered unhealthy to…

How often is too often...
How often is too often to masterbate? Is it considered unhealthy to watch porn and masterbate on a daily basis more than once a day. I'm always at home. It is never any place weird. I've been watching porn since I was kid/teen. I don't necessarily see anything wrong with it and it does not get in the way on my social life/dating and job. I have tried to break the habit a few times but I've been unsuccessful. Overall it doesn't cause any problems for myself or others. The worst I get is sore on penis if I'm too frequent with it. Is it normal for an adult to frequently watch porn and masterbate or should I talk to some one about the behavior?
3/22/2018
ASacks
ASacks, Psychologist

Welcome to JustAnswer. I am an experienced Psychologist and I work with families and people of all ages.

My feeling regarding this topic is that if it feels good for you and it is not interfering with other areas of your life, you are not causing harm. Dont beat yourself up over this or feel guilty - as these feelings are counter productive to your self esteem and overall wellbeing. Accept yourself, as there will come times in your life that you will be busy and engage less frequently with these activities naturally (e.g. when you start a relationship or become serious in one). If this activity is not interfering with your day to day life, social life or dating than you seem to be in control. Only things worth considering is that woman you date may not live up to the expectations set inn porn movies (although i suppose its possible that some might :) )

That makes sense. True. It is important to keep realistic expectations.:)!Would it be alright if I get your opinion on one other issue. I currently do not have any kids. I'm considering getting a vasectomy. Do you think that would be a bad move? I still want to marry and have a family. I'm thinking adoption is just as good as biological children minus any surprises. Do you think that would enhance future relationships or hinder them? Thank you!

Happy to help.

It's a hard question to answer, as it would very much depend on the woman you will end up with. In my experience most woman like the idea of having their own child (and carrying a child) with the person they love, for some, it is very much a life fulfillment. However, there are many women out there who may love the idea of adoption or may not be able to have their own children. It may be that this will be the woman that you end up with. It's always good to follow your feelings on a topic- you will know you are in the right direction when something feels good to you- so if it feels good to think about having a vasectomy than it may be the right option- only you will know this. As a last resort, a vasectomy can be reversed in many cases.

ASacks
ASacks, Psychologist
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Hello Dr. Sack!Yes, Ma'am! I have few more questions. They are related to the topic. Ultimately, I guess it is what got the line of questioning started. I don't let porn and masturbation way get life period. However I have noticed that it was an issue in my long term relationships in the past. I'll never turn down a lady. That isn't a problem. Is porn considered a form of cheating? Is it bad if porn is used as a destress and escape things for awhile?
How much is it to schedule a phone call appointment? It may be little bit easier and quicker. Thank you!