Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

My fiancée keeps asking his Facebook friends for

My fiancée keeps asking...

My fiancée keeps asking his Facebook friends for relationship advise

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.

I lied to him when we first met about sleeping with someone and later told the truth , he brings it up and always posting on Facebook if a woman lies is she a cheater also

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?

Yes a female friend mess him and he told her he had someone and she lied and he had issues in his relationship now

3/21/2018
Dr. Sacks
Dr. Sacks, Psychologist

Welcome to JustAnswer. I am an experienced Psychologist and I work with families and people of all ages.

From your question, it sounds like you are in a difficult position and I am sure this has given rise to many negative emotions. For any relationship to work, trust is a key component - otherwise, neither party will feel safe, secure and free in a relationship. It is alarming that your partner posts these types of comments on FB, as it may be a method of eliciting guilty feeling from you, and I am sure it feels embarrassing. So it may be time to have an honest chat about your feelings and if this can work. In this discussion, you need to decide if he can forgive your mistake and you can move on- if yes great than he should only talk to you about his feelings. However, if he can't forgive you, then you need to see if there is anything you can do to rectify the situation that is between you and him and not with his friends or FB. Only the two of you are in this relationship and that is the only way you can build it and make it into something that works.

Relationships are there to enhance your well-being and make you happier. You deserve to be happy in a relationship and not be reminded of past mistakes all the time (especially if you have learned from them).

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
he gets mad and cusses me and calls me names , we are apart thru the week and he has even bought me an engagement ring
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
another thing I posted Facebook engagement and his disappeared and he said he didn’t delete it and a woman was added as a new friend and he didn’t know cause he didn’t add her
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
he breaks up with me all the time
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Then ask if I love him and want him

It sounds like you are describing a relationship that is very unstable and uncertain. I am sure this is not feeling very good right now. You are mentioning many reasons that things are not working out between you... as I said before you deserve a relationship that makes you happy... what would this be like? I think it would be helpful to define it a bit here:

You want to feel good in a relationship, you want a relationship to make you happy, you want to feel loved and to love, you want to feel appreciated and to appreciate, you want to trust and to be trusted.... (please add your own information here)

Relationships can be very confusing, but only if we let them- we dont have to play the games, we can be honest and direct about what we want. It sounds like your partner is also not too sure about what he wants. But you can be sure and you can tell him.

Dr. Sacks
Dr. Sacks, Psychologist
Dr. Sacks
Dr. Sacks
Dr. Sacks, Psychologist