Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

You have been dating someone for 16 mths. You have tagged…

You have been dating...

You have been dating someone for 16 mths . You have tagged him in several pictures on Facebook and he doesn’t accept the tag. He says that he doesn’t have the app and he doesn’t see the tags. It continues to be a problem because it makes me feel like he is hiding me or keeping his options open and so he says he will just get off facebook . Should i be concerned? Oh it’s not that he is private either because he excepts tags from others and posts stuff about his personal life and children.?

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

Yes, we have dated for 16 months and he has yet to say “ I love you”. I went into the relationship knowing he was still in love with his ex but many months have past now. At what point do you walk away or stop waiting ?

3/20/2018
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
It sounds like he is not ready to go public with what he has with you and it could be for the reason that he is still in love with his ex as you say. Next time you get together I might check in with him open up your communication and ask him where things stand for him and that anything he says it's okay as long as you know you can deal with things.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you !!
Try not to be accusatory and come from a place of love and caring just to make sure that he is still desirous of being with you and wanting to move forward. How does that feel for you?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
At this point i just want to know. It’s not fair to me to keep putting into something that will never be. If he doesn’t love me it will hurt but i will be ok with it! I just want what’s best for the both of us. He is a great guy . We spend a lot of time together with family. He is always texting me and calling. I just can’t put in 100% into something if i can’t get it in return
You sound like you have a great head on your shoulders so open up the communication and talk with him openly and honestly.
You both look terrific. I agree with all that you say...lets hope when you go to him that he can hear your feelings and let his out and you can move forward together.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t know many woman that would stay holding on this long. Sometimes i feel stupid for staying. My friends tell me i deserve better and to be loved as well. I just hate the whole dating scene these days
Nobody else can comment on what is right for you. only you know that and sometimes well-meaning friends don't give the best advice. Just talk openly with him and then decide what works for you and not what others tell you to do.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Jen !
My pleasure. Hope it all goes well. Please keep me posted.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I sure will
If all good for the moment please take a moment to click the rating faces to rate my support. You are not charged again for doing so it only allows me to get credit for my support. Thanks so much for understanding.
Jen
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Update: he got very angry and defensive when i asked him where i stood, where his heart was . I told him it was only fair for him to answer my questions. He said that i made him very angry and he didn’t want to talk about it. He shut down completely!!
I am sorry to hear that he isn't open to talk about what he feels and to listen to how you feel. Let's hope, given some time to process it all, he can come around and discuss it all with you.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I feel like i already know the answer
Take a deep breath. Let's see what tomorrow brings.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I haven’t heard anything since i asked him those questions. Complete silence.....
Clearly you hit a nerve. Let things be and see if he is able to talk openly and honestly.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yeah i don’t have any intentions of contacting him. Hopefully he will respond either way so i can get closure if nothing else
Sounds like that's the right plan.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Out of the blue he just text and invited me to dinner with him and his kids. So confusing and i don’t know how to respond to that . What about my questions?
Sounds like from his end he is trying. So go feel it out enjoy yourself allow yourself to be open and free with him and let things play out.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh ok i sure will
TherapistJen
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC