Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Its sort of a story but I am feeling so down right now

Customer Question
Its sort of a...

Its sort of a long story but I am feeling so down right now because I just found out the true extend of my boyfriends cheating last night. He doesnt know I know and I'm just crushed right now

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.

So I was dating this guy, we'll call him John for now, for 8 years. We started off as great friends and spent every minute we could together. I could tell this man everything. He was there for me during the tough times, as well as the good. Our sex life was great, we were very compatible there. I will note that we waited a good year before our first time intimate together, which to me always felt like a solid foundation to our relationship. He loved me for me, not just for the sex. Things were amazing.When we first started out we we still in our early 20's, and it meant so much to me that we were there for each other when neither of us really had anything. We were both just starting out really. So we didnt love each other for material things.We were together for so many of lifes special moments; every holiday, birthday, all the family events, I can even remember the birth of his 1st neice who is now 10. I know that doesnt sound like a long time but its been my longest relationship.During the early years there were a few incidents that came into question in respect to my boyfriends fidelity. I can remember leaving his apartment to go home and there was a girl sitting on the curb outside just looking at her phone. As I was walking to my car I had to walk past her and she asked me if I knew what time it was. It didnt hit me until right as I was saying the time to her after I had looked at my own phone, that she didn't need to know the time at all. I thought this was very weird, so when I got home I called John but he wouldn't answer.. Told me the next day he had fallen asleep. It just didn't sit right because when I left he wasn't tired at all.. So 20 mins later? And I couldnt shake the feeling she was going to see him. Just waiting outside until I left. But not wanting to come across as the insecure girlfriend I never said a word about it to him. I felt he was sincere in his love at that point. After all, what if I was wrong? You know what they say about people who assume. I shook it off, telling myself he would never be able to. I was always there right? How would he get away with it and me not find out? So I left it alone.We did everything together, always out and about visiting new restaurants, attractions, concerts, unique things that built memories. His buddies would come over to visit him at his place, (We maintained separate residences.. Getting to that) and we all got along great. For the first 6-7 years of our relationship he didnt drive and didnt have a car. I worked full time and would stay pretty much every night and drop him at work early before I went home to get ready for work myself. It didnt matter to me, we were so in love. I would have done anything for this man.He moved to another place just down the street, and I helped him move. Didn't see anything out of place while packing or unpacking. Just the norm guy stuff. We maintained the same fire we had in the beginning of our relationship during this time as well. I was sure this guy was the one for me at that time. Then another incident. I went to pick him up from work, as he and I had discussed the entire time I'm on my way to him job to get him. I wore this super sexy dress and was just killing it. We had been sexting all day! It was not a surpise to him. When I arrive I park in the back and wait patiently. He worked in a restaurant so sometimes they don't get out right on time. Well about half hour passed and I saw one of his best friends come outside for a break, one of the friends we hung out with. Went to amusement parks with, took to concerts with us and stuff, and i called over to him from my car to ask if John was done yet, and he looked really confused. He said, John left a long time ago? I tried my very best not to let my feeling show to him, but we both knew something was off. I immediately had that gut feeling. I somehow KNEW before I even put that car in gear he had a girl at his house. I tried soooo hard to swallow this completely crazy

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

That's all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Relationship
3/19/2018
Counselor: TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC replied 4 months ago
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.