Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Me and boyfriend have been together for 7 years now we moved…

Customer Question
Hi me and boyfriend...

Hi me and boyfriend have been together for 7 years now we moved out in the last year .. since we have moved out it has been really rocky and he stays out all night once every 2 weeks and sometimes tells me where he is.. he didn’t come back from last night and I’ve tried to ring him and he doesn’t answer I don’t know what to do... he always sais I’m sorry but then always does it again I say I don’t mind if he just tells me before I don’t know what to do?

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?

Sometimes I feel like he doesn’t want to be with me then most of the time I do like he sent me messages at 4 saying how much he loves me but is this just guilt? Becuase last year I found a messages to another girl and we split up and got back together but I’m not sure if he is in love with this girl or not or even with her?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Relationship
Other things u might want to know is he loves gambling so often goes casino or plays fruity all night in his pub... but also the girl worries me as he has a past with her... is he just to scared to break up with me becuase sometimes I just don’t understand why he stays with me when he acts like this?
3/18/2018
Counselor: TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC replied 4 months ago
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

Sounds like he is happy to come and go as he pleases and do what he wants at a pub or with gambling and expects you to be there for him when he wants....and you have been that for him. He hasn't had any reason to make changes since you are there for him no matter what...if you want more mutuality in the relationship then ask for it and not accept when he disappears leaving you worried and frustrated. He has the best of all worlds...you when he needs you and a life outside of that without any care for how you feel when he disappears to do whatever.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.