Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

He said that he’s gonna to block me but he hasn’t. We were…

Customer Question
Hi he said that...

Hi he said that he’s gonna to block me but he hasn’t

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.

We were doing an intimate thing and I told him that we were doing it wrong then he said he was going to block me but he hasn’t

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?

That is all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Relationship
Answered in 1 day by:
3/19/2018
Counselor: Carlett F, Counselor replied 4 months ago
Carlett F
Carlett F, Counselor

Hello! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question. I’m CarlettF LPC and I can help you today. I'll be back shortly with my reply!

You and him were doing an "intimate thing", I am assuming it was sex or an act leading up to sex. The male ego can be very fragile when it comes to sex or their self concept of their ability to please or satisfy their partner. You telling him that the two of you were doing it "wrong" probably hurt his ego. He took it as if you were saying "he" was doing it wrong. He then felt like getting back at you and hurting you too and the way to hurt you was to tell you he was going to block you, but obviously he does not really want to block you because he has not done so.

I suggest apologizing to him. Let him know it was not a personal criticism of him. Give it a little time after apologizing, meaning, give him some space to sort out his feelings, he will likely get passed it after a while.

Once you are back spending time together, be mindful to only speak words that are affirming to him...

I hope this helps,

Carlett

Counselor: Carlett F, Counselor replied 3 months ago
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.