Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

My boyfriend just broke up with me yesterday... I know he…

My boyfriend just broke...

My boyfriend just broke up with me yesterday. . . I know he has told me that he wants to get married and eventually live together. . . but he says he can't do that right now he says he has to get his mind in the right place and get a few other things in order. . . . i don't know what to do even though he wants to stay close and still talk and be friends till he gets everything sorted out. . . not sure how long it'll take either. . . im afraid of losing him altogether

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

I know he just got out of treatment about a week ago and he's still recovering from drug addiction and is trying to find groups to go to for that. Plus hes had past emotional and mental illness because of what happened to him growing up

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want to help him any way I can and all just not sure what to do to help him and what to do to keep our relationship strong for when he is ready to get back together we both want to work on keeping our bond strong and build a new stronger foundation for our relationship too . . . its just the thing that scares me the most is him breaking all contact and I never see him again even though he says he wont . . . hes always telling me I'll never lose him too
3/16/2018
Carlett F
Carlett F, Counselor

Hello! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question. I’m CarlettF LPC and I can help you today. I'll be back shortly with my reply!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks you I look forward to your reply

Your boyfriend has expressed his desire to have a future with you. Does he by his actions also show you that he wants a future with you? Apart from his personal issues do he do his best to show you that he intends to be with you and desires a strong bond? If you believe he is sincere when he says he wants to marry you and he is showing you through his actions, then trust him and don't worry about losing him.

The best way for you to help him is to give him the space he needs to work on himself, he needs to heal his wounds from his past, he needs to go as far as he can with recovering from his addiction and prove to himself and to those who love him that he can live independent of drugs. All of these things he need to do before he can be whole enough to even love you the way you deserve to be loved or live the life with you that you want. He has to first come to love himself. Commend him for " Doing his work" and encourage him to continue...

Let him " Do his work" and in the meantime evaluate yourself and your own life, have you " Done your Work?" Are there some things you yourself need or want to work on to become the best person you can be for you and for him. This is a good time for you to get busy bettering yourself spiritually, mentally, physically and financially....You will be too busy to be worried about your relationship.

There are no guarantees when it comes to love, but I can promise you if you do the above, you will give your relationship its very best chance at building that new strong foundation you are speaking of and keeping your bond strong.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you're satisfied with my assistance, your 5-star rating at this time is appreciated. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Carlett F
Carlett F, Counselor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much for your advice. . . I will do my best to support him on his journey and let him get better. . . I will evaluate what I need to do for myself as well
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Carlett F
Carlett F
Carlett F, Counselor