Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Me and the guy I have feelings for got into an argument a…

Hi! Me and the guy...
Hi! Me and the guy I have feelings for got into an argument a couple of months ago over something that could’ve been per-vented, but unfortunately it wasn’t. We’ve talked off and on since then, but it’s just not the same as it use to be. Two days after our argument he told me he didn’t see things working out anymore.. but he still ask questions of how things are going in my life and stuff like that. He responds when I text him which isn’t much I do so. I feel like if he wasn’t interested in me at all anymore he wouldn’t even text back. He still follows me on social media and keeps track. He has an addiction which would be drinking and I’m not a fan of, which has caused a bit of confusion as well. I would just like some advice on what I should do to make him come forth and we could both move forward..
3/13/2018
Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Counselor

Good afternoon and thank you so much for requesting me! I truly appreciate it. So sorry I haven't responded sooner. We are getting 28 inches of snow (!) and the power keeps going in and out. Cable is a bit fragile as well.

Hum....so are you looking to move forward together? Or, are you personally needing assistance moving forward on your own? I'm so sorry but I couldn't tell which direction you are leaning based upon your message.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,

Leslie

Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Counselor
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It was such a pleasure talking with you Leslie! I can’t thank you enough for helping me a long this tough journey. This screenshot was a little while after the argument. Do you see what I’m saying about not clarifying things clearly? He’s still an open door like you had said.

Wonderful to speak with you as well. I am so sorry he is doing this. He has been clear about the moving on part....as shown in his message. I love how open and clear you are in your language with him. I fear he still cares about you as a person but doesn't want a relationship. He is leaving the door open. My advice would be to see if he wants to meet. If not, I would move forward without him. I am so sorry, honey. This is really difficult.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know, life just isn’t fair at times. Gosh this is absolutely nerve racking! �� I’m just afraid of that rejection. I feel like he’s just being nice and curious..

Perhaps he's just being nice but you also have to take care of yourself to ensure you aren't being strung along. I am so sorry this is taking it's toll on you Nobody deserves to be treated poorly and you deserve to be with a man who is honest and willing to work through issues as a team. Both of you are gorgeous!!!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Leslie, everyone deserves that. �� Thank you so very much!! You’re beautiful as well. I feel like it was at an early stage, because we weren’t even dating. Just a little more than friends that were working up to a relationship but things got stopped before they truly got started. I’ve been communicating with a physic earlier and she feels there’s something there but it’s negative energy surrounding us. She explained to me that every time he takes a step forward he takes 3 back as well.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
see with this screenshot he cared but he wanted me to come forth first. I feel like this is the same thing happening now. He wants me to tell him I’ll drive to come see you and this and that to make sure I’m being �� with him. It’s like both of us has too much pride standing in our way.

I understand but I do think you have put your pride aside in apologizing to him. Sadly he did not do the same. My fear is the dark piece to this is his alcohol use. I fear this could be an issue in the future. Please don't put too much on the line....reach out again and offer a lunch and see if he takes if. I am so so sorry, sweetie.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hey girl!! I made a fake account to feel his side out & I’ve got a few screenshots

Good afternoon, please feel free to pass them along. : )

Oh dear god, what an absolute jerk! I am so incredibly sorry. This is so painful.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s okay, thank you for your help! I truly appreciate it.
Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Counselor