Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I keep having dreams that I am working with a former

Customer Question
I keep having dreams...

I keep having dreams that I am working with a former employee (I sort of had a thing for) and we work for the same former employer but different locations and buildings?

Expert's Assistant: Oh I love this topic. Did you know I used to be a dream interpretation Expert? Yes, but now I have to hand you off to one of the new and better trained ones. You will undoubtedly enjoy this. Please tell me everything you can so the Dream Analyst can help you best.

I worked for a monster employer for about 6 years. In that time another employee and I developed a crush on each other, probably to deal with the stress of the job. I have since moved on to another job and so has he. We have remained friends and there is no romantic attachment any longer. But lately I have dreams that we work together for the old employer but he locations and building always look different. What does this mean?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Dream Analyst should know?

He just got married and his wife is great. We are all friends. Although this all occurred about 5 years ago and I have been at my current job 8 years, I have begun having these odd dreams regularly recently.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Relationship
3/10/2018
Counselor: Dr. Sacks, Psychologist replied 1 month ago
Dr. Sacks
Dr. Sacks, Psychologist

Welcome to JustAnswers. My name is***** little bit about me… I am a psychologist and have been practicing for the last five years in private practice and in a community setting. I work with families and people of all ages. I am also a registered life coach and solution-focused therapist. I am passionate about helping people and finding solutions, not growing problems. I believe that the mind is a very powerful tool and can be used to achieve any outcome in life-positive thoughts lead to a positive life. I also have a special interest in dream interpretation and using dreams in practical ways to understand ourselves better. I am here to help you with your question. Give me some time to review your questions, gather information and formulate an answer. I will get back to you ASAP.

There are many schools of thought on the topic of dream interpretation. Some say dreams are subconscious thoughts that our mind wishes to hide. Others say dreams are a way for our brain to process day to day situations. Of course there is the school of thought that indicates that dream are a form of prophecy. More yet that believe that if you are having a good dream you are thinking positive thoughts that are leading to positive events, and the contrary is also true. I think dream interpretation is a very personal experience and the most significant indicator of a dream meaning is your feeling state in the dream.

It seems like there are aspects of your previous job and your previous crush that seem to be unresolved or coming up again. Is there perhaps aspects of your new job that you are feeling unsatisfied with? or perhaps there are things from the past that might still be bothering you?

it might be worthwhile for you to evaluate where you are as your dreams are often an indication of something you are working on or something that may be coming up in your thoughts regularly. let me know some further information so we can try and figure this out together.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You are correct in saying aspects of my current job are unsatisfactory. I do feel strongly recently that I want to move on to something different, something more meaningful.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Dr. Sacks
Dr. Sacks
Dr. Sacks, Psychologist