Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Your words are excellent, the site itself has been quite…

Thank you for your response...
Thank you for your response. Your words are excellent, the site itself has been quite frustrating though. To be clear, you are suggesting not waiting the three weeks and doing this on the telephone asap? The tkt suggestion is a good one, but her kids are in school that week, so it's simply a matter of coverage, which she has, to take the three-four days away together. I was think in person is more sincere and allows time for hugs, processing, etc....you do not agree. We have been together in this capacity for a few years and known each other for 7. therefore, although a bit of a bomshell, i thought being there would be more respectable, you disagree?
3/8/2018
Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Counselor

Good evening,

I am so sorry you are frustrated with the site. Sadly I can't assist in that area. Please know you did not need to open a new thread (and pay again) as we are still discussing your original question.

If you can at all do this in person, sweet soul, please do. Did I read that one of you is in CA and on in NYC? If so, are you in a position where you can fly there for a day or two to discuss things in person. I love this idea and recommend it but somehow thought this was not a possibility. I certainly would not set up a scenario where she believes she is going on a trip with you and has a packed suitcase and days off from work only to be find the relationship is over. Does this make sense?

You sound like a very respectful and kind person and I realize this is devastating but appreciate your sensitivity and respect for her and times you spent together.

Warm regards,

Therapist Leslie

that is exactly what she is thinking. A planned vacation. But there is almost theee weeks till then and the anticipation as toubsaid will add to the hurt. So right. Perhaps head there soonest, and spill my guts and not allow the build up on her end that could add to the pain. Yes it is Cali NYC so it's not easy or cheap, but that was my main concern.....that a phone call would be even worse than waiting. Maybe not mailing, not a phone call and direct action is the best route? Is that more reasonable?

I understand but at the end of the day, you need to step away knowing you did things right by her. Yes, it will be expensive to fly there for a day or two but I truly believe it will the best decision you can make from a moral perspective. I couldn't agree more, please do not end the relationship when she is packed and in vacation mind-set.

Therapist Leslie
Therapist Leslie, Counselor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.