Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I met someone a few months ago I really care for. We spent A…

Customer Question
I met someone a...

I met someone a few months ago I really care for. We spent A few weekends together and on the last date before he left for a three week vacation something seemed to shift with one thing I said. We really didn't talk over the next few weeks while he was out of the country. I was also trying to give them space because his daughter was with him and they wanted to spend time together. I reached out to him yesterday and I got the text back that said while I was gone I just realized I was no longer able to do the relationship. Was very upset that I will get that in a text we've slept together several times and I feel at least a phone call. I sent a long message saying as much and that I had feelings and that that had hurt my feelings. He wants to call tonight to talk but I feel like it's a pity talk and I'm not about that. I just want to feel healthy so now I'm notsure if I should talk to him or just let it go? Sorry for the long question

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?

Not at this time

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Relationship
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I'm not sure if I should talk this out with him or just walk away
3/7/2018
Counselor: ASacks, Psychologist replied 4 months ago
ASacks
ASacks, Psychologist

Welcome to JustAnswers. My name is***** little bit about me… I am a psychologist and have been practicing for the last five years in private practice and in a community setting. I work with families and people of all ages. I am also a registered life coach and solution-focused therapist. I am passionate about helping people and finding solutions, not growing problems. I believe that the mind is a very powerful tool and can be used to achieve any outcome in life-positive thoughts lead to a positive life. I am here to help you with your question.

It sounds like you have found yourself in a tricky situation in terms of this relationship. I am it has given rise to some difficult and negative emotions. I have no doubt that it can be confusing to have to sort through the best course of action.

I think that given the circumstances your request for a phone call is very much justified… but we cant control others, and it seems like this person may not have the emotional awareness, empathy and maturity to understand this. So I am here advocating for you to put yourself first and do what is good for you…

I am not here to make this decision for you, but I want to support you in making this decision for yourself. So let’s figure this out together…

• Do you feel you would benefit from having this conversation? In what way?
  • Do you think it will lead to more positive feelings in you or more negative feelings?
  • What specifically would you like to know from this person in any conversation you have?

Looking forward to your reply.

Hi there,

I am just checking in, can I assist you further?