Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

My boyfriend talks with other women constantly, and he says…

My boyfriend talks with...

My boyfriend talks with other women constantly, and he says they are just friends. But he talks to them now more than me. I saw a text from one of the girls asking why he got offline so quickly and how she feels she craves his attention. I saw this and asked him about it and stormed out on me and said my jealousy is disgusting.

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

We have been together for almost 5 years and have a family together. He always has had female friends and I had to put it behind me but it also bothers me he has his girl best friend stay the night and never tells me, I end up finding out and he gets mad at me because she is his best friend. I don't care it's a girl, I just feel like there needs to be some type of respect in the relationship

2/17/2018
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hello, my name is John. I am an lpc. Please give me a moment as I review your question.
I agree 100%. He needs to choose between his best friend and you. He’s no going to though as long as you let it happen. If you are uncomfortable with it, you need to let it be known with your actions. That doesn’t mean he can’t speak at all with other girls. He just needs to be more mindful of you when he does. Does that make sense?
Last night he stormed out on me and told me my jealously was disgusting he turned it on me. And now I'm not sure how to handle it because he is mad at me. But he talks to these girls and makes them feel special. And it hurts. I don't feel he is cheating but I don't think he realizes that there is a thing that's emotionally hurting me. And I tried to tell him and he just chalked it up as I'm jealous. I don't know if couples counselling is the way to go ?
Well, I would be surprised if he agreed to counseling without coercion. You need to basically give him no choice. I know you don’t want to lose him, but if he chooses them over you, you never had him to begin with.
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
That is very true...thank you for your insight!