Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I met this woman and on a online dating site. She has not…

i met this woman and...
i met this woman and on a online dating site. She has not dated in a while. We exchanged numbers and began texting and calling. She has a son, so i was very patient. She started telling me that she missed me and that she just thought i was so wonderful and etc. So we finally met in person, last week went to lunch, then we went to dinner the following day. I brought her flowers and a little teddy bear and surprised her. Nothing over the top, but to say hey your awesome. After, our date she told me to text her when i made it home. She got very quiet. I thought i did or said something wrong. She said everything was fine. She text monday morning like she always did, and then sent another txt then that was it. Tuesday nothing. Wednesday finally she txt was like he sorry its been crazy busy, Oh and i dont think this is going to work on Valentines day. So im trying to figure out what i did wrong. I know i didnt say anything or do anything wrong. I just wondering why she would say that if she liked me, or why waste my time after the lunch date and then go to dinner and then to only diss me. Kinda low, so im just wondering how i should handle the situation. I kinda want to know why but then again does it even matter
2/15/2018
Rev.Dr. August Abbott

Help me understand better - the statement that "I don't think this is going to work" - do you mean it was said on Valentine's Day and meant that the entire relationship wasn't going to work for her? OR do you mean that she was otherwise occupied on Valentine's Day and meeting up wasn't going to work for just that day?

she text me back on valentines day that. So im assuming in other words us trying to establish a relationship or start on was not going to work. She has a son, i dont have any kids, shes 37 im 34. I stay like 45 minutes from her. After she barley talked to me the day after our date and the following day

Thank you, ***** ***** understand. I suspect that something else is going on with her. She may have made an ex jealous by seeing you and gotten the reaction she hoped for and is now seeing him again. Sadly, people aren't always honest on those sites and they don't seem to care that they're hurting others by only using them to manipulate people in their lives, such as an ex.

It could also be that while she enjoyed your company, the 'spark' she was hoping for just wasn't there and she did the right thing by not leading you on or using you for dates that you pay the way for.

It might also be that she realized she really isn't ready for a new relationship and rather than use you or impair your quest to find someone right for you, she ended it - which makes her honest and ethical.

In any event, I understand you wanting to know why this happened and you have every right to politely call her or text her and say something to the effect of: I respect your decision to not pursue this relationship and will honor your wishes; however, as I am always striving to be the best me I can be, would you mind telling what areas I need to work on or why you've made this decision?

If she does not respond, then be a gentleman and let it go. As confusing and painful it is, accept that she isn't the one for you and dive right back into that dating pool. Your lady is out there and waiting for you to find her

Rev.Dr. August Abbott
makes sense i really think she liked me so it was just odd to just cut it off completely like that. I think there is more to the story. But i dont want to ask bc i dont want to feel like im pressuring her or making her think she has to give me a response. Then she will think that im bugging her or harassing her which i dont want to do