Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I have been with the new guy for 3 1/2 months now and I'm…

I have been with the...
I have been with the new guy for 3 1/2 months now and I'm noticing some behaviors that I wanted to share and secure opinion please. first of all he seems his overly sexual but he relies on oral sex and I'm more of a old fashion woman, I would go for oral to enhance the sexual relationship but I wouldn't say that I would rely on it for most of the time as part of the intimacy. Also he talks dirty during sex and I'm not sure I like that. It seems like it turns him on.
Other things that I've been noticing is that he seems impatient at times very sensitive and gets emotional very quickly. On the other hand he seems like he's very much into me and has feelings for me. I have feelings for him to know these things that I mention about our a little bit of a turn off for me.
He's also an alcoholic in recovery, last time he relapsed was last month or so I'm not sure if he's into drinking a little bit these days as well he wouldn't tell me but I've seen a few signs here and there.
I don't know what to do should I break up with him or give him a chance and try to resolve those issues. He smart and fun to be around and he tries to make me happy by doing things together going to the movies or go swimming or go for a walk or Cook for meWhat do you think I should do
We are into our 40 s and divorced with children of our own
2/15/2018
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

It sounds like you need to honor your feelings around him in all the aspects you mentioned and decide if it can work for you long-term. If you can handle these "issues" then go with that, but if you feel it is too much for you and you are turned off as you mention, then you may need to look at that and decide if this is what you want for yourself.

TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC