Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

I just got back recently with my ex girlfriend... we been…

I just got back recently...
I just got back recently with my ex girlfriend... we been back together for 2 weeks now and in the middle had one serious argument. After the argument i apologized cuz it was my misjudgement. She accepted the apology and today i ordered some flowers to her home. She said she was so happy to receive them. Then later on i see her post a pic of the flowers i got her on her instagram... except the caption is: “flowers from my ex ”.... i was very disappointed since we already been together for 2 weeks... but i didnt confront her on it.... then i noticed 15 minutes later she changed it to “ ” and took out the flowers from my ex part... i decided i will just ask her directly. She said she likes me a lot and im her boyfriend... its her and nothing with me... cuz in her heart she still feels weird not complete open to me yet... she needs more time.... she said she changed the “flowers from my ex” because she realized she unblocked me so i would probably see it and its not good she wrote that. She said she changed it to the emoji because thats how she feels in her heart... which means she knows im her boyfriend but she dont know what to feel about us right now.... im very upset by this but i didnt tell her... however im right now thinking just of ending this relationship cuz i really dont understand why she would do or feel like this and that she is just playing me emotionally, which is very disappointing... please let me hear an expert explain this to me... cuz i dont know if i should just let this pass or not... thank u... its such a red flag to me
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
P.s if u cant see the emoji i typed... its this one ��
1/22/2018
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hello, my name is John. I hope I can be of help. I wouldn’t end it over it necessarily, but I would demand her. Right now, she has you hanging in limbo. I would tell her it either she commit whole heartedly or call it quits. If she continues to vacillate, then I would break it off. Does that make sense?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She tells me she needs time to slowly open up again, that she cant just be like a robot and break up one day and 2 weeks later we good and just open back up
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Even though she still likes me enough to want to be my gf
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is just confusing cuz now i know in her heart she feels im her ex... and had to find out thru instagram
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It feels unfair and that she is 2 faced, if u can understand how im feeling
that is what bothers me the most about the whole ordeal. She deleted it when she realized you could see it. As I pointed out, I would Expect her to commit to honesty in the future
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just talked to her
How did it go?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She said one reason she took it off is because if i see it, its not fair to me. Why she kept that emoji is because she feels so up and down with me... she said two weeks ago when we got back together she didnt really feel like she logically knew we were back together, but her feelings were very unstable... she felt maybe one day im her ex, next day we’re back... and she when she got the flowers today... she was very happy , but also felt like “omg he feels like my boyfriend again, but i think we might break up again maybe later” ... thats what she actually wanted to express in “flowers from my ex��” ... but then she thought it wasnt really describing what she wanted to... so thats another reason she took it off... also its not fair for me... so she just left ������... cuz thats how she feels.... and i said how would u feel if u gave me chocolate and i posted “chocolate from my ex��” .... she said she wouldnt be surprised and also she wouldnt be surprised if i have other girls im dating too because she said thas the feeling i give her sometimes!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is she just making up excuses or thats how she really feels ? Cuz honestly... im pretty simple... i see this as a red flag and wanna end it... but i realize that would be too impulsive... so thats why i wanna talk with an experienced counselor like u first
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cuz to my simple mind, it just sounds like she is bullshitting cuz she got caught ...
It sounds like you guys need to have a long talk and clear the air or hang it up. I have been with my wife for over 30 years. There have been times do you only thing that has kept us together is our commitment to each other.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I only really have 2 choices
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1) do i trust her that what she says is for reals
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2) i dont trust her anymore
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But i can tell u, part of me lost trust for her...
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
now as we r speaking she just sent me an article
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Its on a movie review and she highlighted the part she wanted me to read
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Basically saying... when couples see each others mistakes and imperfections and problems, it can bring couples closer
I don’t blame you for not trusting her. Even if she is telling the truth, she sounds fickle to me. Either she is in or out.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But from me talking to her... she said she knows logically im her bf... but in her heart she still feels she not sure if im her bf or not... and that the action of giving her flowers really stirred the emotion up where she felt like she is on a rollar coaster ride emotionally... she said with more acts and me being good to her, she will open up more and feel more secure with me
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sounds like she wants me to earn her heart or something with more actions of affection... this sounds very unfair to me becuz when we broke up before it was cuz she had her share of problems too
It just comes down to if you think she is worth it.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
o man, can u help me with ur wisdom
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My heart likes her a lot... but logically i dont think our personalities match
What it sounds like she is saying is she wants more affection from you. If you want to make it work, you’re going to have to be more affectionate: sending flowers, words of endearment, etc.
I hope I have been a help to you. If I have, please let me know with a five star rating so I can be paid.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i should be more affectionate?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can tell u one thing though... not once thru out the conversation did she apologize said she was sorry. She just said “i shouldnt of done that, its not fair to u”
The first thing you should do is get this totally out in the open. If she owes you an apology, tell her she does. You cannot move forward with unfinished business. If you are going to move forward, I believe you will have to show more affection.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
basically if i choose to break up with her, its not me right?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cuz honestly im willing to show her more affection but why isnt she showing me more affection and instead just waiting for me to do all the work like im chasing after her
To be honest, I don’t Think either of you are willing to be a p Think either of you are willing to get past this. I cannot advise you to call it quits, headed does this sound like either of you want to go further. If you do, you are destined to repeat...
Sorry about the typos
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry i dont understand
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
U mean from ur experience we sound like we will repeat this cycle over and over again?
from my experience and from what you were saying, it does not sound like either of you are willing to put it behind you.
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
John-Michaels
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)