Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

It's been 4 days now without contact. During the night I…

It's been 4 days now...
It's been 4 days now without contact. During the night I began to realise that K will never change her mind. She broke with an email and said in it that if I cared for her I would respect her decision and let her go, and that persuing it further would only build resentment. Of course I did lay it all before her feet, that I would marry her, that the situation with my family would be sorted out. And it would all have been sorted out, and sooner, had she really spoken to me about it so I had realised how urgent it was. I sunk so deep during the night, I never thought it was possible. Everything has died for me, not even so much because I miss K, but because we had such a beautiful mental connection on almost everyting and I still think it is wrong. I believe we could have overcome teh problems and been extremely happy. I can't see that there is anything I can do?
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/22/2018
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
I am so sorry for this type of pain. And as we have discussed the only thing you can do is to leave her be and to go through your process of morning which will eventually lead to Healing. I know it is impossible to see that now so let the healing and grieving process take its course and I believe in time he will be stronger but there is no way to shortcut this pain for you now.
thanks again. I am also so worried about what she is going through. She is extremely introverted so I am sure she does it entirely on her own. However, I know I can’t do anything right now.
I know that you're worry leads you to feel that if only you could reach out to her and take care of her but you know that doesn't help because she has asked for this so you must respect it and trust that she can manage her own feelings.
thank you. About to take off for long haul flight so have to stop for now. Thanks again.
Safe travels. Until next time and thanks in advance for your positive rating.
Jen
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC