Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

My girlfriend and I were dating for around a year and we…

Hi Jennifer Expert's Assistant:...

Hi Jennifer

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.

My girlfriend and I were dating for around a year and we attend the same church . We had both been out of long term relationships and healed each other before forming our own relationship. We were going great and madly Inlove .her behavior was amazing towards me with no signs of changing for the worse up until November 2017 we were having these tiny but annoying arguments mostly caused by me and my trust issues I will admit . So I called her one morning to make up for an argument we had the night before and she suddenly tells me she doesn’t love me anymore and she does not want the relationship anymore . I freeze but go about the usual desperate plead and beg route which made her even more upset . We attend church that Sunday and when she sees me she feels the love again and we speak normal for 2 weeks not officially together yet but making moves she evens sends me a detailed email telling me how impressed she is and it will help us going forward . I push to hard the next day of this email and upset her all over again. That weekend before Christmas 2017 she goes totally cold towards me and destroys me in a phone call and tells me I am obsessed with her etc. she drops me a further bombshell the week of Christmas by telling me she is going to meet her ex for breakfast and I need to be mature about it . I decide then and there I am done with this and I cut off all contact with her . No calls or texts and emails . So about 2 weeks go by and she sends me a text ‘hey you have just crossed my mind hope you are well’ I respond 5 hours later with ‘I am well . Hope you well,take care’ the next week she sends me a pointless text to which I just respond with thank you and this week she sends me a long detailed apology email informing me that she is sorry for pain she had caused me and I am truly a great guy and she doesn’t understand why she had so much built up anger toward me and till this day she can’t seem to know why she got so upset with me and she doesn’t deserve me etc . I responded with a simple thanks for the apology and she said she does not know why she took so long to apologize something just held her back . I don’t hate her at all it not in my nature to hold grudges but this girl ruined my holidays and told me really hurtful stuff while she was out having a blast . And now suddenly she feels apologetic. Please advise

1/20/2018
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
You ever notice as long as you are chasing an animal/pet, they run harder to get away. As soon as you relax and sit down, they come to you. I kind of think that is what has happened here. You were trying to hard. Now that you have relaxed, she is interested. That, and evidently things didn’t work out with her ex. Personally I think she is too fickle. If you want to risk it though, that is your choice. Does that make sense?
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what do you make of her apology that I deserve better and I am amazing and she don’t deserve me but she thinks about me often ? I have stopped going to the same church and she said it hurts her deeply because she knows she caused it . And when I asked why did she take so long to apologize she said cos she was so furious with me . But I know she wanted to be free for December and etc
John-Michaels
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)