Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

My boyfriend and I decided to mutually path ways 4 days ago…

My boyfriend and I decided...
My boyfriend and I decided to mutually path ways 4 days ago because of his career choices and my family issues. 2 days after the pathing, he visited me at my house and we agreed that all we experiencing is frustration because of the stress we give off and not any actual love and care for each other. We decided to not contact each other until we are ready. Today marking it day 4, we connected each other and found much comfort in life and everything. My question is how do I find out his intentions because his self esteem level has dropped in a huge way due to his career stress (he may loose his job). His frustration would be not being able to support himself or I for the future and my frustration being a lot of family members are falling ill and me needing him but he finds comfort alone watching a movie or playing on his PlayStation because I would’ve needed him when he was emotionally drained and it was not what we both wanted. We are together for 2.5 years and never been so stressed. Our relationship has respect, communication (always aware of what’s going on) and much love and intimacy and hasn’t changed since. What should I do?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
1/20/2018
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

It sounds like he will need to sort his life out and his job situation before he feels comfortable to come back fully to the relationship. I would let him be the one to reach out to you so he feels like he has some control over things. If he feels pushed he could retreat further and continue to stay on his own playing his games and just being alone. So let him reach out and let him be the guide over how things go. This will ease his stress in this area and he could feel like he wants to reach out.

TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
TherapistJen
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC