Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I have a problem i need an advice I met a man after really…

Hello , i have a...
Hello , i have a problem i need an advice
I met a man after really hard time of separation with my husband . This man is separated too but he still in contact with his wife because of the kids ..any how the story starts 7months back when i met him and we get close to each other by time
Me in relations i know my self i give soo much of my time and effort for the one i love and now .. i did for him fancy birthday and gave him high brand purse and a cap , sometimes i do him desserts and i remember him with small gifts between now and then , two months back he gave me iphone x as gift which was so nice and thoughtful . If we go for coffe or dinner he pays .. we had lot of fight in the period and i ask him to break up with me but he never do ... now he travelled with his friends for holiday .. been quit busy not talking alot to me but he keeps telling me you've done so much for me am the man not you ... i love him and i dont want to loose him please help me how to deal with him
1/17/2018
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hello, my name is John. So you are saying he says he cares about you but doesn’t give you much attention any more? Also, did I understand you to say he doesn’t give you much attention anymore?
I meant to say did I understand he is still with his wife?
Hello mr.john yes he cares about me but when he is out of the country he totally forget me he only send me text once or twice he is not with his wife but he number 1 in his life is his kids , he got 2 jobs he is police sherif and tv news announcer we both pass through same situation and we got closer by days .. when he travel he doesnt get in touch with me often he appreciates every little thing ive done to him he keep telling me thank you it bothers me .. because he keep on saying ive done alot for him ... he is thinking serious to get married but i still dont know what to say
he is divorced from his wife?
Ok, I am glad to hear that. It sounds like you care for him dearly. You need to make sure he feels the same way for you. Talk to him. Ask him. You need more than just appreciation. It sounds to me like you need commitment. You need to risk it and let him know. Does that make sense?
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
he is committed and we both spoke about our future together the only thing i dont know how to make him take the next step without pressuring him