Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

My boyfriend has depression, sleeps most of the time, is…

Customer Question
My boyfriend has depression...

My boyfriend has depression, sleeps most of the time, is awake when I’m not with him, doesn’t want to sleep in the same bed because he wants to stretch out, be alone, and most recently tells me that I snore too much. I don’t hear from him throughout the day and he doesn’t want to tell me about his day nor does he ask me about mine. This leaves me feeling that I’m not a priority to him. When I try to talk to him, he wants me to be quiet, will hug and kiss me and tell me we can’t talk about it another time and most recently has called me annoying. I feel I can’t express myself. I am tired of talking about the same things and getting nowhere. I also don’t want to be this annoying person to him

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?

I just don’t know how to communicate with him anymore. I know I am probably being annoying by bringing the same things up, but I just can’t help but feel like I’m not a priority. We have only been together for 6 months. He didn’t act like this during the 1st two months. I just don’t know if I’m fooling myself. He can become quite irritable when I bring up stuff he doesn’t want to hear too

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Relationship
1/17/2018
Counselor: John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC) replied 7 months ago
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hello, my name is John. I am so sorry you are going through this. I am also sorry to be blunt, but he is going to continue to treat you this way as long as you let him. There is nothing wrong with you asking what is going on. There is something wrong with him not telling you though. My thoughts are you need to demand be communicate or he do without you. If he cares for you he will come around. Does that make sense?
Depression iike anAddiction. If it is allowed to continue, it will probably not get better. You have to make it less inviting then the opposite
that makes a lot of sense. I am starting to pull away now. I can’t handle this. I know there is a great side to him but I can’t keep allowing this to continue. I value communication far too much. I hope he does come around but I need to focus on being strong even if he doesn’t. Thank you
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.