Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Hypothetical but it happens: I see this all the time, what…

Hypothetical but it happens: I...
Hypothetical but it happens: I see this all the time, what to do in this situation? Husband has not had sex with wife in over 10 years but keeps track of any potential romantic behavior and interferes with it by hiding car keys, moving many objects in the home so she has to move them back, taking up time, even hiding a ring and replacing a different ring in the same location. The home is uncomfortable and husband works too hard. He is making life miserable for the wife. Is there a solution to this? Divorce? No outright beatings or violence, just unhappy every day and hiding things, isn't that out of the norm?
Answered in 4 days by:
1/22/2018
llw26
llw26, Counselor

Hello my name is ***** ***** I hope I can help. So the husband does not want to engage in sexual behaviors with his wife and instead engages in passive aggressive acts?

That is the question.
Thanks, ***** ***** represent passive aggressive acts? And your solution or experience with daily unhappiness as to the usual
outcome? Counseling or after counseling statistics like most divorce? That would be what I am looking for.
Rather, with the situation as asked in the question...not just daily unhappiness...
it sounds like passive aggressive acts to me - this is without knowing anything else or meeting anyone.I think the first step is to discuss it - if that does not work - then go to couples coulseing. If couples counseling is unsuccessful then, if the couple wishes to part ways, then yes a divorce.It does sound out of the norm. A relationship takes two to make it work - if one is not helping with the relationship or making the relationship difficult then it’s not a relationship.Let me get some stats for you. One moment please.
According to the most recent stats from the American association of marriage and family therapists - 98% reported they received good or excellent service. 97% said they got the help they needed and 93% said they learned effective tools to assist with their problems. 38% of those in therapy divorce within 4 years of completing couples counseling.Research (and I support) getting treatment as soon as possible, as this will lead to the best outcomes.One of the quotes I read that I think is helpful is - “the pain of divorce needs to put weight the pain of marriage.”
llw26
llw26, Counselor