Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I’ve never been in a real relationship and it just seems…

I’ve never been in a...
I’ve never been in a real relationship and it just seems like I can’t get any woman to like me or want to date me. I want to know how I can approach women and get dates? I’m really all about chivalry and being kind to others. I just want to find someone I can get to know and maybe even fall in love with.
1/17/2018
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hello, my name is***** tell me more about yourself. How old are you? What do you do for a living? Where do you hang out?
I’m twenty two and I’m a police officer.
I really need more for Maisch and that to help you. What are your hobbies? Tell me about any relationships you’ve had in the past. What do you think the problem is? What are you tried in the past? I really Think there is somebody for everybody. You’ve just got to look in the right places
I meant to say, I reallyneed More information than that.
Well, I’m a writer/poet, I make songs as well. I workout and read when I can. I’be never really been in a relationship before and I just think I’ve been single because no one really likes gentlemen anymore and I’m kind of reserved.
I think that the reserved part is probably the biggest issue . I would say I am rather chivalrous myself and was girlshy. I was 21 when I met my wife and married her nine months later. Do t give up. There is hope for you. What are you looking for in a lady?
I don’t really think there’s anyone for me per say but, I’m looking for a woman who’s kind, caring, thoughtful and intelligent.
Oh, I believe there is. Have you considered a match making site such as e-harmony, etc.? I know it probably goes against your grain, but they have had a lot of success and it is worth a shot.
I’ve tried but, those sites never really work for me.
OK, I am going to give you my thoughts:1. Decide what you want. Make
a list of qualities you want in a woman and start looking for them.2. Look in the right places. Remember, you aren’t going to find the kind of girl you are looking for in a bar. Look at work, church, or maybe an art class.3. Do t sell yourself short. You are evidently hardworking, kind, and intelligent. Youhsve much to offer.4. Be aggressive. You will never get a girl unless you ask. The worse thing that can happen is you be turned down.5. If one girl turns you down ask another. Don’t give up.I know that seems simple. Keep trying though. There is hope for you. I have been married for 32 years. I met my wife in a parking lot.
I hope that is helpful. If you have further questions, ask. I really want to help you. If I have answered your question, please let it be known with a 5 star rating so I can be paid.
I just think it’s really difficult to meet a woman nowadays.
You have got to put yourself in the right places. Where do the type of girls you like go?
I guess they go to volunteering events, church or maybe the zoo
The fact is you sound like a good guy. Go to church, Volunteer. Look around and be alert. Don’t be afraid to take a risk. The worse thing that can happen is you be told no. If that happens, ask another. There IS somebody for you!
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
I guess so