Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

My wife goes to a high-end restaurant bar / restaurant on a…

My wife goes to...

My wife goes to a high-end restaurant bar / restaurant on a Sunday for brunch, She start 3 hours and gets rather trashed with her alcoholic Mother of which we do not like each other. Keep in mind that my wife is quite beautiful and I am rather wealthy of which she is carrying my credit cards.

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?

Some dude is flurting with them and certainly not with her Mother. My wife lets the guy pick-up their $160 brunch tab! She waits a few days then shyly mentions that he must have done it on accident.

I have a comprehensive past of wooing women and I know this....No man is going to pick up such a tab unless the woman has left him with the impression she may be available. Your thoughts?
1/17/2018
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
It sounds like while she was drinking she let her inhibitions free and was possibly flirty or at least didn't put a boundary up when he flirted. Did he tell her he picked up the tab or was it the server that mentioned it. Yes he may have been trying to woo her but it does not mean she had any interest beyond her drunken state and friendly behavior.
Her tab was &160.00. This accumulated over 3 hours and they exchanged cards of which the businesses had no connection. I personally wouldn’t pick up $160 tip and less the woman made me feel she was available.
Tab unless the
I would sit and talk with her and ask her what was going on for her and what kind of signals she put out there. I agree it's a big tab to pick up and doesn't really happen without some mutual exchange of flirtation or signals.
Thank you I’m going to use you for other things, this was confirmation. I divorced her six months ago and wanted an outside opinion. The divorce was based on many things this was just one little one. Now that I’m single I will be using you for other things thank you
It is my pleasure. I am sorry that this may still be weighing on you but it sounds like you are in a good place and on your own now and will look for someone else that provides the same mutuality that you bring to the relationship.
Please take a moment to click the rating faces to rate my support. You are not charged again for doing so so without it I will not receive credit for that support. Thanks so much for understanding.

Can you please take a moment now to offer the rating for me now so I can receive credit for my support? Thanks so much.

TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC