Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

A few weeks ago I received a message from a guy that I dated…

Hi. A few weeks...
Hi. A few weeks ago I received a message from a guy that I dated very casually before he moved about 1 ½ years ago to California from Ohio & since then we really didn’t stay in touch. So I was a bit surprised when he started to bug me about coming for a weekend to visit. Just about every day I was getting a message from him to come out to see even going so far to make a deal to cover costs. I had been working pretty hard & not dating anyone so I eventually said yes. I just thought it would be fun & really don’t see a future but could use a break. He was super flirty until I bought the ticket. I haven’t heard from him in over a week & now am left wondering if he still wants me to come. I texted him twice & haven’t heard back from him. I’m suppose to board the plane in 4 days & have no idea what I should do. #ghostedwithaplaneticket
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What’s the service offer?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This service is useless.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/16/2018
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
I am so sorry for the delay. I just came on line. If you are still wanting a call let me know.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I can’t talk on the phone now could you just help me walk thru this.
I was just responding to your request. To be honest I would much rather answer by text. Please give me a moment as I cobdidervyour Question.
It sounds like something has changed since he first contacted you. My advice would be not to go. Even if he is still planning on you coming, he doesn’t sound dependable enough to count on. Can you get a refund on your ticket?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Only on my way back. Why do guys do this ghosting thing? They are full on & then nothing. I can’t ever imagine not just being honest with someone.
I would say he’s a jerk and he gets his thrills out of causing People inconvenience.
I see you gave me a negative rating. I am sorry were not satisfied. I seriously think it is very rude of him expect you to come all the way out to where he is, pay your own way, and refuse to communicate with you. You asked me what you should do, whether you should go. I answered I do not think so. What else would you like to know?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There’s nothing I need to know from you. I found your answer to be not very helpful nor of a professional. I could ask my young niece the same question & get a better answer. It was very cut & dry. And honestly got the feeling you could care less.
Well, once again I am sorry you were not satisfied.
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Hi, I am therapist Jen. It sounds to me like he reaches out when it suits his needs..maybe he is lonely, maybe he hasn't dated in a while so he reaches back out thinking on fond times with you in the past. You relented and said yes to the trip and it sounds like he got a bit spooked...maybe because he might be worried about strong feelings developing or that he knows it can't go anywhere so he flees without warning or explanation. It does not sound to me like this would be a good trip for you. I understand he has not responded to you but if you desire to reach out to him again you can let him know by text how disappointed you are in his choices, that he begged you to come out, you took the time to purchase a ticket and that he didn't have the decency to reach back out and let you know that he changed his mind. But again I would not go this is not a healthy or stable way to relate to another person. Many men behave in this manner as I mentioned above to fill their own needs and then they get spooked because they realize that they have to giv e more and they may not be capable of doing so.
Please send me back any further thoughts that you have.
Jen

I am here if you want to chat further.

Jen

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Jen. Thank you for your answer. But fortunately we spoke last night & although I didn’t say anything about my nervousness over him not being in touch I thought I would have an honest conversation with him when the time is right over the weekend. When we spoke he went right in to telling me everything that he has planned for me & I could tell he put a lot of thought Into the weekend. He did say that he didn’t get my message bc he got a new phone & then he was hiking over the long weekend. And I will say he seemed to be honest. I honestly think that it’s a case of some men just don’t think. And without being harsh I plan to let him know how I felt & see if he opens up about any feelings on dating in general bc I would really like to understand men’s thinking more. Lol. Not like we will ever really understand most of them. �� so I will be going to Cali after all.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hope that makes sense. It’s so hard to express everything in just a few words.

That is so fabulous! I am so glad you made contact and feel good about going...I can support the trip now as well. :-)

I think you might be pleasantly surprised out there and it sounds like you will have a wonderful trip doing many great things together.

I look forward to hearing all about it.

Can I help you any further now?

If all good for now, I would appreciate it if you would offer and additional rating so that I can receive credit for my support. Thanks so much.

Jen

TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!! Happy day!
TherapistJen
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC