Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I have trouble getting along with my husband. We has mood…

I have trouble getting...

I have trouble getting along with my husband. We has mood swings. He is about to start a new job at a branch of Verizon (used to work at another branch) so we were talking in the car and he said he had the most Tenure of anyone there. I said “Well, I don’t know if you were would consider it Tenure if you left and came back.” And he went off on me yelling and swearing at me. Said I was negative and bursting his bubble and I was just speaking factually. Our dog that I brought into the relationship pres and poops on the floor and he blames me. He’s very inconsiderate and it feels like everything is always about him. I feel he is a narcissist and i’m not exaggerating. He stonewalls me and won’t talk things through. And I have a habit of trying to talk things through and come at him. But it just escalates when I do. I want to have my marriage, but I don’t know how to get through to him calmly. What do I do? P.S. We also have financial problems and that causes strain and he keeps switching jobs. He is a salesman with an ego and always has to feel motivated by his job. We have 2 year old daughter and a 11 year old boy from his previous relationship.

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?

He never thinks he’s wrong.

1/15/2018
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hello, my name is John. It sounds to me you both have problems communicating. Of course there is no way you can change him except by changing yourself. Maybe try these things for a couple weeks and see what happens:1. Remain Calm, but refuse to respond to him unless he is calm.2. Argue to discover a solution, not to win. Remember, he has a point too. Try to understand it.3. Try to think of his greatest complaints about you, and try to make one small change that satisfies him.4.Make it a goal to get it I ate next time you argue. It will amaze you how that will control your actions.5. Tell yourself why you like him. Avoid the negative and repeat the positive.I know that is a lot, but it’s worth a try.Does it make sense?
Confused by Make it a goal to get it I ate next time you argue. Can you clarify?
Well, that would confuse me too. That was “intimate”.
I hope I was helpful. Could you do me a favor and give me a five star rating so I can get credit .
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
John-Michaels
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)