Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

Mine is a pretty tricky but story. So I met this guy on

Hi Debra, Mine is a...
Hi Debra, Mine is a pretty tricky but long story. So I met this guy on Tinder, he was lovely. Our first date was amazing... we spoke for three weeks 24/7 before actually meeting up. There was an instant connection and unbelievable physical attraction. He liked me so much and he was the man I had pictured in my head for a very long time. Anyway, our second date was bowling. May I also add he never allowed me to pay for anything... he held doors open for me etc. Held my hand was not at all afraid of PDA. He took to me to his place and I met his brother and his brothers girlfriend. We watched christmas films and ate pizza it was lovely. Third date he took me for dinner and drinks which was magical. And on the fourth he took me to winter wonderland and he booked activities for us... we had a picture taken together which he bought for me. I was head over heels and on cloud nine. But I feared losing him due to past experiences. The minute I felt he was becoming a little bit distant I felt scared. Anyway, I didn't say anything... We saw eachother on boxing day.. we had sex for the first time. I felt he was a little quiet and not himself but I put it down to him being tired because of the festive holidays etc. I didn't say anything and I hoped being intimate and seeing him again would bring us close again like we were at the start. Didn't change anything so a few days later I expressed my concern and he wasn't very open about it, when I think about it now he didn't seem like he wanted to discuss it. But he didn't ignore me he just told me everything was fine. I felt him distant even more and I couldn't understand why. I felt it was extremely strange that he hadn't planned our next date because he was always so excited to see me. It was hurting me. So I asked him... he didn't reply for hours (also not like him) I tried to call he didn't answer. He then replied saying he wasn't sure and asking me when I was free so I told him my days. He was conveniently busy on those days which is fine. But he didn't even suggest another day. He didn't seem bothered at all. Now this is someone who spoke to me allday long... who was SO into me.. couldn't wait to see me. Would double text me when he realised I had fallen asleep just to say goodnight. Paid for everything, made me feel so good. Anyway, I got angry with him because I felt he wasn't being honest with me and I felt we were close enough that I could express I was upset. He didn't bother replying to me. I tried to call him the next day to apologise and to explain and talk about it. He completely ignored me and cut me off as though I meant nothing to him. I tried to apologise again on Friday but nothing. I noticed every time I had sent him an apology which was only twice... He would ignore me but update his social media. I have been blaming myself, the regret and the guilt is eating me up inside. Everyone keeps telling me I am not at fault but I know I am. I can't understand how someone who was so kind, caring, considerate and extremely patient could treat you like this. It's not as though we didn't have anything. We got so close in such a short amount of time and I just want him to say something to me :(
1/14/2018
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hello, my name is John. Your friends are right. There is no way this is your fault if all that you say is true. Honestly, it sounds to me you have been used. I know this is not what you want to hear, but he sounds like a player. Even is that isn’t the case, your best bet is to let him be. If you have to chase him, he’s not worth having. If hereally likes you he will call you. Does that make sense?
I hope my words have been helpful to you. If not, please let me know here and I will do my best in responding. Otherwise, please rate my response with five stars so I can receive credit.
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you John, you have been extremely helpful and I have come to realise that he was just playing me. Thank you for all your help.
John-Michaels
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)