Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

While telling me he is in love with someone else, he says he…

While telling me he...

While telling me he is in love with someone else, he says he cares about me.

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.

Is he really done with me?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

I still love him. How can I bring him back. We were together for 5 years, not so close at the end. He says he is in love with someone else

1/13/2018
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)

Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a Licensed Professional Counselor. I am reviewing your question and will reply in a moment.

I am so sorry you are in this predicament. I know it is difficult to accept, but if he really cared for you, he would not love someone else. I really don't believe you can love two people at the same time.

Your best hope is to let him go. Even if you hope to get him back, pursuing him is not the way to make it happen.

As an example, if you have ever had a pet run away from you, you will notice the harder you pursue it the faster it runs away. Your best bet is to sit down and let it come to you.

If you chase him, he will just run further away. you need to pause your pursuit for a short while. If he cares, he will come back. If he continues to run away, you dont have him anyway.

Does this make sense?

Thank you for getting back to me. I have stopped contacting him even though he insisted that he wants us to stay friends.
You are doing well. Even if you lose him, you do not really lose him. You did not have him to begin with. If you have found my response helpful please give me a five star rating so I can be credited for my response.
Why does he insists in keeping me around? Why doesn’t he say I never want to see or hear from you ever again?
Not to be rude, but he wants the best of both worlds. That is all the more reason to establish boundaries. To have you he’s got to drop her.
You deserve better than to play second fiddle. Let him know
That.
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)