Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for 5 months and I love…

Me and my boyfriend...

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for 5 months and I love him dearly, well on Tuesday something happened when I was texting one of my guy friends I didn’t physically cheat on him, and there was no emotional connection either but he asked for a picture and I had sent him a picture and I knew it was wrong but I did it anyways and me and my boyfriend talked about it but if he asks me why I did it I don’t wanna tell him something he won’t like I’m not too sure as to why I did it it was a decision where I basically wasn’t thinking and I just want to save our relationship i don’t know what to do bc he wants to save it also

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?

No I believe that’s it, basically I need to know how to save it and what to say to him if I don’t necessarily know why it was a dumb mistake

1/12/2018
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

It sounds to me like it was a quick decision on your part without any forethought and you just weren't thinking. You can work on this with your boyfriend by letting him know how sorry you are and how you did not want to hurt him and really just made a big mistake. Maybe you needed attention, maybe it felt good to be asked by another but all in all it wasn't the right decision and oy know that and want to do what you can to work through it with him and you can also let him know that nothing like that will ever happen again and you will always be open and honest with him and answer any questions you might have now or if feelings of worry come up in the future. This is the best way to heal, move forward and deepen your connection.

TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
TherapistJen
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC