Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I need to apologize to the love of my life. Im a gay man I…

I need to apologize...

I need to apologize to the love of my life.

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.

Im a gay man I hurt my boyfriends feeling repeatedly

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?

I dont want to lose my friend I get jealous when he talks to ohter guys

Me and this guy have been dating for 4 years. It's a open relationship.
Sometimes he goes on dates with other guys and I get angry. It has happened twice. This it the third it has happened .,me being angy. I apologized but i dont thinks he believes me. I mean this time and plan on changing my behavoir. I just cant lose this guy. He is the love of my life.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/8/2018
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hello, my name is***** plan to help you, but give me a moment to look over your question. Thank you.
If you don’t mind, I am going to try to answer this without a phone call. This is cheaper on you and I can hardly talk right now.
The fact is he has heard your apologies before. They were empty then. He has no reason to trust them this time. You need to show him the difference.
There are several steps to an acceptable apology:
1. Acknowledge the pain you have caused. You have hurt him. He has trusted you but you have not him. This is unfairly r and hurtful. Don’t sugar coat it. Acknowledge that you have hurt him.2. Accept total blame. Avoid the word “but”. You have hurt him and it is your fault, no buts about it.3. Accept the consequences. He owes you nothing. As a matter of fact you deserve to be shunned. You will get Better results if you do not demand them.Does that make sense? Those are the three steps to a sincere apology. There are no guarantees, but there are no guarantees if you grovel either. The chances are if you push him you will push him away. I hope you the best.
If I already apologized. should i apologize aagain.
Not necessarily. Just let you actions speak now. Show him the difference.
Should I give him space. Back off. Cut off communication
The only problem is i love him so much!!!1
I understand that, but all smothering will do is write him away. Your best to back away and give him time. It does not guarantee that he will come back to you, but pushing him guarantee that he will run away most likely.
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)