Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I'm going to try and make this as short as i can. So about 3…

Customer Question
OK so i'm going to...
OK so i'm going to try and make this as short as i can. So about 3 and a half months ago me and my girlfriend of a year broke up. The reason being was i cheated on her, i didn't meet up with anyone, kiss or sex with anyone. All i did was flirt with some girls on a app called Tinder it was only for a brief period of time. I thought i was missing my old life of going out and meeting different girls but then i came to my senses like am i doing i have a girl that loves me and i love her why am i doing this and stopped immediately. Cut off contact with all females i met on there. So a few months after i did it my girlfriend found out and left me I know what i did was wrong, I know it was messed up and I'm not trying to justify it I shouldn't have done what i did and i feel so much remorse and regret for what i did I really Love this girl with all my heartWe are broken up at this point but then we keep spending entire weekends and days together. i work all week so i could only see her on my off days. When we are together everything is great. We spend the weekends together sleeping together, telling each other how much we love each other. Then i go back to work for the week and she hates me again then i see her on the weekend and its love again. Rinse and repeat same cycle over and over again. this goes on for the next 3 monthslast month the last time we see each other. We spend the night together but she doesn't touch me or let her touch her but she still sleeps next to me. she goes to work and even then she comes back from work and spends the night with me again. we leave on good termsSo last week new years eve she blocks me saying i don't listen to her and she doesn't want to talk. i have not heard from her since It was her birthday recently and i and got ignored. i been texting her and trying to call her all week but no answers. Just radio silence I don't know what to do at this point. I love this girls so much and i just want her back. Is it too late for me to save this?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Relationship
1/8/2018
Counselor: TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC replied 8 months ago
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Thanks for being so open about everything. Her back and forth indicates just how difficult it is for her to fully let go, be vulnerable and to trust you again. She has pulled away again now because of this mistrust. I would send her a long heartfelt email letting her know how you are fully aware of how your behavior a few months ago has caused her such mistrust and you can understand why it is so difficult for her to remain open and vulnerable with you. Let her know that you have been looking inward and working on things and truly know that your behavior was wrong and has hurt her deeply. Let her know that you are willing and able to do whatever it is you can to help her to feel safe again so that she can trust you and move forward with your relationship. If she doesn't respond give her the time and space for her to absorb your words and to possibly miss you and come back in her own way and in her own time. Do not push her further after that email just let her be and have control over the situation. Even if you feel you have said those things writing it more in-depth and heartfelt could be helpful again.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.