Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

My long-time partner has never gotten over the fact that I…

Customer Question
My long-time partner has...

My long-time partner has never gotten over the fact that I had prior sexual experience. I used to think it was insecurity on his part but he honestly hasn't been able to become aroused by me since finding out. The only way we've been able to be sexual is through roleplaying and it no longer satisfies me in any way, because I can't get over how disgusted he is with my sexuality. I can't leave him because I am somewhat of a caretaker of his at this point, but I can't stop feeling like there's something I'm missing that could fix this?

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

Not at the moment

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Relationship
1/6/2018
Counselor: TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC replied 6 months ago
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC

This is a common experience for men, but it isn't realistic to assume that someone you meet doesn't come with a past history of relationships and sexual experiences, so yes the issue does lie within him and something that he needs to work through as this isn't something that you can solve for him by trying to fix it. He chooses to let this interefe with the relationship and there is nothing wrong with you having had previous relationships.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.