Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I feel like I’m just too insecure and jealous and angry all…

Customer Question
I feel like I’m...

I feel like I’m just too insecure and jealous and angry all the time

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.

I have a boyfriend we’ve been dating for about 8 months now

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?

Yeah I cheated on him once before. before we got together.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Relationship
1/6/2018
Counselor: Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD) replied 8 months ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Hi, and thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I’m Dr Ted Manos M.D., and I need more information. You say that you’re “too insecure, jealous and angry all the time”. You add information about your boyfriend and that you have “cheated on him”. What is your specific question you need answered?
not a specific question I just need help I guess. I can’t fix it
The only thing you can do to create a more powerful life is to question the perceptions you have of yourself. When you were younger you felt vulnerable and unsafe. That would explain being insecure and jealous of those that appear self assured. It’s not something that is easy to handle and can lead to anger. We put meaning in our youth that isn’t true. We see things through a filter that there is something wrong, particularly with ourselves. Like heavy luggage, we need to put these perceptions aside to lighten the load on our spirit. How you occur to your boyfriend with the perceptions you lug from the past, then whether you cheat or not doesn’t matter. I hope my information can help you be responsible for your life and well being.
my dad cheated on my mom when I was 10 years old and I don’t know I never forgave him for it even til today. I can’t seem to put the perceptions aside.
I’m so sorry to hear that. I can only say that resentment is described by you take the poison and hope the other person suffers. It doesn’t quite fit your issue but not forgiving is a great weight to bare. Jesus prayed to God the Father while on the cross. “Forgive them, they know not what they do”. You could find the courage to forgive him, unless he’s a total idiot. Of course, there are a lot of total idiots. We humans are not built to judge others. We are encouraged to love others and pray for them. My daughter was 17 1/2 yrs old when I left. She pleaded with me, but it’s something I chose to do. Thank God she loved me these many days, and if I know what I know today, I wouldn’t choose the same way I did. I sense this is a big fat weight you tote around. I hope I have helped some.
Oh the spelling is weight to “bear”.
why did you go away?
I’ve been waiting for your response to my comments.
yeah well my boyfriend is overseas now and he keeps saying he doesn’t trust me because he’s scared I’ll cheat again by i don’t know what else to do I’ve tried my best I’ve tried to give some assurance but all he calls me is a slut.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.