Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I have feelings for a man after we had a intense but

Customer Question
stressful but intimate friendship in...
I have feelings for a man after we had a intense but stressful but intimate friendship in the midst of very stressful situations and jealous people.By the time we fought,I had reached a point I was unable to explain myself and my actions due to the tremendous energy drain I felt because of other people around us and protecting him from them.
He in turn got influenced by them and saw me in a negative liggt.Now I am leaving the country and I realise now that I have developed feelings for him and was so ficussed on protecting us and our relationship from others that I failed.
Is this an impossible situation?I cant see how he will ever forget and forgive.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Relationship
12/25/2017
Counselor: TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC replied 4 months ago
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Not impossible situation...it sounds like there has been a lot swirling around both of you but neither one of you talking directly to the other about your feelings and what was occurring. It sounds like now might be the time to talk openly and directly about all that has gone on and how you feel for him..it may be your only chance since you are leaving so it may be worth that risk to be as open as possible about all of it.
Hes cut me off and im scared to upset the precarious balance.Its likely he might not want to speak.I cant go through turmoil and pain again.I feel delusional for having hope.I wish I could move on
South and it's your choice as to whether you want to try to reach out one more time before you leave or just leave it. It's possible that after you leave and are away from the situation then you might begin to heal and feel better
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TherapistJen
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC