Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Relationship

I have been talking to this guy for about 6 or 7 months now.

Customer Question
I have been talking...

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.

I did

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

Yes

Expert's Assistant: What else should I tell the Psychologist?

He was in a really bad relationship before and it really broke him. I had my heart broke once an since I have been emotionless because I don't want to get hurt again. Recently I haven't seen him in about 4 weeks but we talk on the phone daily, because he was working on his house. So he invited me over and wanted to have sex. I felt a certain way because he haven't seen me in 4 weeks and maybe I just wanted to talk or watch a movie etc. So my mind starting racing an I just broke down and didn't say anything for the rest of the night. I have these moods sometimes because Im scared to express how Im feeling with a fear of him not feeling the same. So I went home and then I just couldn't sleep at all so I ended up texting him explaining how I think I could be falling in love an that Im scared to express my feelings because I feel he won't feel the same way back. HE texted me back saying I've been doing this since day one and he has a lot going on so he is going to fall back because he can't handle my moods. I'm not for sure if that means he is breaking up with me or not. So a couple of days go by an I text him that I was thinking about him and he said how sweet of me and that the feeling is mutual. SO I did get him a Christmas gift previously so I text him that I had got a Christmas gift an even though we are not on the best of terms I still want him to have it. I asked if I should drop it in the mailbox or will he come get it and he said he will come get it. I want to tell him that I know I'd made him upset an that I was sorry again. An that I really do care about him and would like for this work. But I'm not for sure if he will just shut me down or now.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Relationship
12/25/2017
Counselor: John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC) replied 1 month ago
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hello my name is John. It is tough to know what others are thinking in a relationship. My thoughts are you be totally honest with him. If he doesn’t want to give it a try, he just tells you. With that, you are no worse off. On the flip side you might discover there is hope. You will never know until you ask.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would you even consider this a relationship now?
Well, that all depends on his response. I would at least say it is a relationship in a bit of a rough patch.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok so he ended up texting me to tell me he wanted to drop off my Christmas. I said ok, we exchanged gifts and that was it. Nothing else..... He didn't even say anything to me. Prior to I texted him saying I felt like I was being a nuisance to him trying to talk an being ignore an that I won't text him anymore, at least I can say I tried etc. He goes on to say Ive been doing this since day one etc and that the world does not revolve around me. Later on that night is when he texted me about the Christmas gift. I don't know what else to do now.
It honestly sounds like he is finished., it is time for you to move on.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
John-Michaels
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)