Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I've been dating a woman for over three years and while

Customer Question
I've been dating a...

I've been dating a woman for over three years and while similar in many views we differ in terms of politics and views on religion she very conservative and religious, I'm liberal and not religious. She has two children from different marriages both have psychological issues. I'm now attracted to someone who maybe closer to me on a lot of things but she has issues as well. I can't see myself staying with my current girlfriend if her children don's change, what should I do?

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

Her mother is very conservative as well, and my girlfriend wants to move into her mothers house when she dies. I don't want to move out of the city.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Relationship
12/21/2017
Counselor: TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC replied 7 months ago
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
To me it, based on your feelings, you sound pretty clear that this may not the relationship for you long-term that the differences maybe just too great between the two of you. So while only you can decide what works for you based on how you've laid things out it sounds to me again that the differences may be too great for you for this to be a long-term relationship. I always advocate for open communication so I would sit with her and talk with her about the differences between you and how that may impact the relationship long-term.
I await your thoughts.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.