Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Wondering that my husband's issues may be narcissistic.

Customer Question
Wondering that my husband's...

Wondering that my husband's issues may be narcissistic. Especially after a visit from his mother. It very much like an alice in wonderland situation. He said something mean to my daughter and she cried. He told her he didn't get her any presents. Then when I was upset about it he acted like a toddler. It is a real mess. I have been to the ER with palpitations. Quite destructive and seems to be getting worse.

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

There is a history emotional abuse. I have spoken to my doctor button sure if therapy will work...it never has in the past. He just thought what the therapist said was bullshit ore actually appeared to get better but then his mother would visit or call. Then we would go right back into it...he has been diagnosed and treated for depression.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Relationship
12/21/2017
Counselor: John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC) replied 4 months ago
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Have you talked to him about his mother? Have you asked why she makes him act this way or do you know?
TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor