Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I'm having an issue with my Mum and brother. I am happily…

Customer Question
I'm having an issue...

I'm having an issue with my Mum and brother.

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.

Okay. I am happily married to my husband of 20 years and we have two great boys, one 15 and the other 10. The issue I'm having is that my Dad passed away almost 3 years ago and I haven't seen or spoken to my brother for 2.5 years. The reason for this is because my Mum used to say to me every single day that she didn't want to live on the property anymore (it's a small cattle property and my brother bought the one next door) and so I therefore thought we could all sit down, my Mum, brother and me and work out a solution for all concerned. My brother wouldn't talk to me about it and walked out and I haven't seen or spoke to him since which is going on 2.5 years now. Unbeknownst to me, my Mum was telling my brother that she was really happy there so I've been cut off and frozen out by the two of them because my brother actually wanted my Mum and Dad's property too. My brother has been going out to my husband's uncle and aunty's cattle property (we live on a cattle property too) to visit with them regularly and taking his two boys with him who are 15 and 13. I have just found out that my brother's eldest son, the 15 year old is working for my husband's uncle and aunty at the moment and this really upsets me. I guess I just feel as though, my brother doesn't want anything to do with me or my family but now he's worked his way into my in-law side of the family and I feel uncomfortable and like I don't really have a place with either, that's he's undermined my confidence if that makes sense. I feel really sad, hurt and resentful and am having trouble moving past it, can you help me?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

Mum only ever talks about herself when we speak. She won't ask me anything about myself, my husband, my kids or anything at all about me or my life. Our relationship was always based on me listening to her and building her up. I expressed my upset over my brother going out to my husbands uncle and aunty's place back in April this year, she ignored me for 2 weeks and then rang my up to tell me that she was paying me a sum of money and my brother would get the place. I feel as though I've been paid off and they don't want me and probably never did. Am I wrong to feel as though he should've stopped going out to the uncle and aunty's place?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Relationship
12/19/2017
Counselor: John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC) replied 7 months ago
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)

Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a Licensed Professional Counselor. I am reviewing your question and will reply in a moment.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.