Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I'm in a distance relationship that is falling a part.

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi I'm in a...
Second opinion] Hi
I'm in a long distance relationship that is falling a part. Actually its engagement not relationship. I'm 27 years old Iraqi woman and he's 37 years old Egyptian man, we met while working for International humanitarian organization ICRC. I'm a medical doctor he's a human rights lawyer. We spent 2 months together and loved each other then a 5 months distant relationship started when he went to another country ended by him coming to adk for my hand last jamuary. My parents saw that we are so different and thid is challenging , so are my friends but we trily loved each other. We had a fancy engagement in March and he was so in love that he stood infront everyone to make a proposal on how much he loves me. He was so into engagement and marriage fast and living together asap. We agreed to have a religious celebration oc marriage in July. It wasnt planned well so we had to podtpone, at that point he stepped back, problems starter to evolve , I went to see him in August he was cold distant and passionless, saying he thinks we should prolong this engagement and he's confused and we are different. I tried to get closer, tried to keep in touch when we got back, but he was disappearing more and more. I lost my mind for a while and we had big fights with no solutions, he doesnt share any passion or care and he barely asks once a week. Then I started to use the same attitude, i ignored him and turned to my life, I was feeling so unloved and unwanted , Like I wasnt enough for him so I kept distracting myself. By late Nov. I asked directly if he cheated on me and if there was another woman? He finally said yes but I never slept with her. She was a friend at work, we got closer and liked each other,we kidsed and thats all. And he got defensive and blaming me for pushing him to do so by my drama and pressure. Indicating that he jumped into that girl after I went to see him! It was a shock even though I had a gut feeling. I left him calling for 2 weeks and told him we're over then one day I called to listen and we had a conversation. He said he's sorry , he loves and wants me but he doesnt know if its going to work. Let's try he proposer with rational and realistic way. However its been 3 days and he disappeared again. I have to decide I dont want to start 2018 like this. I truly loves him but this is so unhealthy and I'm damaged from the inside seeing the man I love not moving! Only saying words with no action!! Please help me!
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Relationship
12/16/2017
Counselor: TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor replied 9 months ago
TherapistMaryAnn
TherapistMaryAnn, Counselor

Thank you for requesting my help. However, I am unable to answer at this time. I will open your question up for other experts to help you.

Take care,
MaryAnn

Counselor: Martin, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Martin, Engineer
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.