Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I started dating a man I met online, about 3 months ago. I…

Customer Question
Hello. I started dating...
Hello. I started dating a man I met online, about 3 months ago. I insisted on taking the physical aspect slowly, since I do not take that lightly He has been compleunderstanWe talk every day and he tells me how into me he is. BYesterday was my birthday and the morning text he sent said he was hoping to wish me many .more birthdM in the years to come. Last week he took me to his office holiday party where I met some name fof his family. That night he said we should spend the night together sometime soon and he suggested igoing away for a weekend after the first ( I have a grueling couple of weeks between work and family). I agreed
I went onto match to deactivate my account and looked to see when he was last active. It was within 24 hours. I had planned on having the talk about sex=exclusivity the next time we were together. When he brought it up before we were in a taxi and it did not seem appropriate Although we did not have that conversation, he knows that it is a big step for me and also we have been growing closer and sharing over this time. I feel betrayed. Is this realistic?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Relationship
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/12/2017
Counselor: TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC replied 7 months ago
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Him being active on the dating site does not necessarily mean he's still out there looking for women. Many people still scroll through profiles even while dating and before having the conversation of being exclusive. He also may have different ideas about being intimate when he is dating and may desire to be intimate with several people. That does not mean that it has to work for you but it does sound like if you are going to take this next step and it is important for you to be exclusive that yes you do have this conversation and see where he is on his desire to be exclusive with you or to continue to date. If his desire is still to date then you have the information and can make an informed decision about how you want to proceed with him.
I await your thoughts.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.