Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Separated from husband for 11 months. He moved out and moved…

Separated from husband for...

Separated from husband for 11 months. He moved out and moved in with his mistress. Still want the marriage. Been journaling on my 5th prayer journal. Still love him. Should I pray and move on?

Expert's Assistant: This sounds like a can of worms I'm glad not to have to open. The Psychologist will do a great job for you. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.

I am 46. He is 33. He moved out in Feb. 2017. I found out he about the woman becaus she took a picture of them in bed on Facebook. He changed his address in Aug and purchased a car the same month. I found a hotel receipt that same month but was dated Feb 2016. I do not know how long. Still in love with him. No contact since he left. Texted him happy birthday. He was cold. She showed another pic recently. I have not responded. No divorce paper filed on my end or his. I was recently laid off last week.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

I am looking for another job.

12/10/2017
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hello, my name is***** am so sorry you are going through this. Honestly, my advice would be to pray about it and move on. For one, even if you wanted to resolve your differences, the chances are better for that happening if you make him come to you. If you allow this type of behavior without any remorse or repentance on his part, you are opening the door for it to be respected in the future. Also, the odds are against him changing. It can happen, but it would take much effort on yours and his part. So either way you go, you need to start with filing for divorce. Does that make sense?
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
It makes since. So not to even think about our marriage. You are saying he made his decision. He moved on. He left. I do not want the divorce. He told me he waneed me to file first. He said do what you going to do.