Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

Recently I went to visit my fiancée who lives in another…

Recently I went to visit...
Recently I went to visit my fiancée who lives in another city. We spent about a week together. On the day I was going to leave we had an argument about her wanting to leave early to see a family member. I told her we would go but a bit later that day. She got upset and reacted aggressive, saying that she had no opinion in the relation. I told her that her reaction was not normal and that she needed to see a counselor or psychologist. She said maybe she did but that I also needed to see one because she says I always tell her what to do. So what can be causing this type of reaction in her and what can I do to help her?
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/8/2017
Rosemary S.
Rosemary S., Human Services Counseling

12-08-17

Hello:

In my opinion, it is a good sign

you recognize that counseling

help may be needed in your relationship.

*Regarding your question about

"how you can help your fiancée?"

Although it appears that you only

have the best of intentions, there are

some situations which need professional

help.

Perhaps, the two of you should consider

going together for some 'couples counseling.'

(*Or at least an initial consultation with a

qualified mental health professional,

​who would be able to help make a determination

as to what type of counseling is needed, if any).

I am suggesting that you both seek professional

help together; ​because from what you

described, there may be other unresolved

issues within your overall relationship,

in which you may not even be aware of.

I believe that counseling may help you

both because as stated above,

from what you described,

you both may have some personal issues

which need to be explored with a qualified

mental health professional.

In addition, 'Couples counseling' may help determine

if a romantic relationship would be beneficial,

as well as emotionally healthy, for both of you.

This is may be especially helpful for your situation,

since the two of are engaged to be married.

'Couples counseling' may also help the two of you

determine if you should both move forward

with your 'relationship / engagement,'

and hopefully, be able to work things out.

If you both agree to this, and the two of you

decide to pursue some counseling together; a good place

to start is with your own physician, or the local hospital's

referral service.

If finances are a factor, then you should explain this upfront; and

perhaps the service will be able to direct you to a professional

who charges less money, or allows for installment plans.

Lastly, I always aim to give customers a

five star level-of-service when answering questions.

I hope this information has been helpful.

Good luck.

______________________________________

Legal Disclaimer: The information provided above, is general information only and is not intended to serve as a long, or short term, professional relationship. By providing the above information, I am not engaging in a 'relationship designee - client relationship' with you. The above information is only intended to provide general information. The fee that you may pay me, is for general information only. No part of this disclaimer may be reproduced, or copied, without the express consent of Rosemary S., the owner.

*Rosemary S., is not a psychologist, and earned a Master of Science degree,

in Human Services Counseling.

Rosemary S.
Rosemary S., Human Services Counseling
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.