Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

My husband and I have been together for about 6 years. I am…

Customer Question
Hello, my husband and...

Hello, my husband and I have been together for about 6 years. I am 25 he is 31... everything is pretty good in all aspects except our love life. We are not making love, kissing, or touching. My husband has always had a lower sex drive than myself...but I feel like my sex drive is probably pretty average for a woman my age. I would like to have sex 1-2 times a week but my husband does not need sex at all. This was not how our relationship started. He was very active in the bedroom and it slowly started to fade once we moved in together. Once I got pregnant thats when it really started to sip. We have had sex twice in a year. He says its not me and that it is him. He is overweight and does not feel sexy or confident. But I am tired of always compromising and getting nothing in return. I feel like an ongoing affair will make me feel better and solve this problem because then I won't have to bother my husband anymore. I have told my husband that I want an open relationship but he won't allow it. please help me...I don't know what to do...I love my husband but I can't live like this anymore.

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

My husband understand how upset this makes me and keeps telling me to wait for a change. I try to make him motivated to go to the gym by going myself...I cook him very healthy meals but If I don't cook for him or forget to make his lunch he won't make it himself and will not eat healthy...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Relationship
12/8/2017
Counselor: TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC replied 4 months ago
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
I understand how upsetting and frustrating this is for you. You are doing everything you can to stimulate him and to help him and he is not doing much on his end to make any changes other than telling you to wait for a change. I don't know that an open relationship solves it as you think it might it could just encourage other issues that are unforeseeable at this moment. I think if you went to couples counseling it provides you both with a safe and supportive environment to address all of the feelings and issues that are occurring. It also allows him to look at himself and to what is blocking him from being in a healthy and wonderful intimate relationship with you. I agree with him that it is not anything about you and more of his own issues possible depression and insecurities about his body that is getting in the way. This is why I believe a therapeutic situation could offer some help and relief for you while addressing these issues.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TherapistJen
TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC