Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I need some advice about me and my girlfriend. Me and my…

I need some advice...

I need some advice about me and my girlfriend

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.

Me and my girlfriend have been dating for over a year. I love her to death. I feel like she could be the one for me. She ended up cheating on me about 2 months ago but she came back to be and I took her back. I still don't quiet trust her fully yet. I have been a little mean recently because I am stressed about our future, school, and hockey. She started snapchat some guy she used to talk to and I tried to talk to her about it but she wouldn't let me. She broke up with me a couple days ago but said that there is a chance that we can get back together. She said that I have to fix myself and stop being so mean. She refuses to talk to me though. How do I get the girl of my dreams back

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

I love her to death. I am willing to do whatever to get her back. She has been telling me to leave her alone for the past couple of days but I love her too much to not talk to her

Answered in 6 days by:
12/10/2017
DrJackiePhD
DrJackiePhD, Doctor

Hi, I'm Dr. Jackie, an interpersonal communication professor, relationship counselor, and behavioral therapist. I am sorry you are going through this. I know breakups can be as painful as having a loved one pass away. The emotions and feelings can be at the same intensity level. So I know this is very difficult for you.

Can you tell me though what she means by you "fixing yourself" and "being so mean"? Could it be that she perceives you behave this way towards her? I'm not saying you do or don't. But if she believes you act this way either sometimes or often, then that is likely the reason for the breakup. And it sounds like she is not going to give you the chance to talk about a possible future unless you are willing to do as she suggested. Can you please tell me more about this so that I can give you better recommendations?

Thanks,

Dr. Jackie

DrJackiePhD
DrJackiePhD, Doctor
Yes, she says I have been rude to her and that I bring negativity to her house. She feel like I do drugs when I actually don't. I have an F right now in math and she said bad grades are unattractive. Hockey isn't going well either rn and I have been stressing about it a lot
DrJackiePhD
DrJackiePhD
DrJackiePhD, Doctor