Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

I wanted to discuss a relationship I just got out of and get…

Customer Question
Hello, I wanted to discuss...
Hello, I wanted to discuss a relationship I just got out of and get your thoughts on if my ex is using this new relationship she's in as a "rebound"
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Relationship
12/1/2017
Counselor: matt50025002, M.B.A. replied 7 months ago
matt50025002
matt50025002, M.B.A.

Sure, I am here to listen, please tell me whats on your mind?

Ok so I had been dating a girl a little over a year, she lived in ohio and I'm in florida. We talked all day, every day and she would come down to see me once a month or so. I never made it up to see her but it was in the plans. I was mostly in control of the relationship and would say she liked me more than I liked her. About a month ago, she started acting flakey and not responding to me like she always use to, coming up with excuses why she couldn't talk. I eventually called her out and she said our relationship wasn't progressing and we should take a break. She told me she always wanted me in her life and we stayed talking cordially for the next week or so. Even asking "were gunna work this out right?' during that time. I then noticed she blocked me on snapchat and didn't respond to my texts for a weekend. finally got a response saying "everything was okay, and thanks for checking in" which I did not respond to. 3 days later she texted me a picture of her dog, which I again didn't respond to. I then noticed on her story on Instagram, she was wearing a golf hat of which my friend wears and is sponsored by and is a pro golfer. I actually introduced the two pretty much bc I told her that she should go watch him play when he was playing in her area, not thinking they would both go behind my back. Ends up they have been talking and I saw that he went and visit her this past weekend, which tore me apart and am still trying to recover. I think she is into him because she loves golf and he’s a pro golfer so that really wooed her I’m sure. Just a week ago, she messaged a friend of mine saying she missed all of us and told her how me and her haven't talked in three weeks, which is true because I never responded to those text messages. What are your thoughts on this?? sorry its so long, it just caught me so off guard and has thrown me off

When someone says, they want to take a break, that usually means they are seeing someone else, or looking for someone else. However, this is not 100 percent of the time true. Possibly she is feeling some nervousness about commitment, and just wants to see what else is out there, before she commits, this is common. I really cant say that she is dating your friend, it could be true, but it might not. It really doesn't matter though, who it is, if it was meant to be, she will come back to you. She will realize she loves you. Trust me, the best thing to do is let her take her break, freely, and act like you dont care. If she initiated the break, this means, you can go explore what else is out there right now. I will let things just be for a while, dont bother her too much, let her come back to you.

Ok, yeah I haven’t really contacted her at all for last month or so. I just have a feeling she’s gunna come back eventually but I’m not waiting on her by any means
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.