Relationship

Have Relationship Questions? Ask a Counselor for Answers ASAP

On Friday my cancer fiancee broke up with me over me ranting…

Customer Question
Hi on Friday my...

Hi on Friday my cancer fiancee broke up with me over me ranting over text while he was at work it's was a silly thing for me to do it was a rant over the wedding stuff.

Expert's Assistant: The Psychologist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Psychologist can help you best.

I really want him bk he I have tried to contact him via text which was wrong of me as he is a cancer & needs his space I'm on day 1 of not speaking no contact. We are from an Indian family & he knows coming to my parents & telling them it's over is a must which he hasn't done

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?

He has threatened to block me on WhatsApp contact my bro but hasn't done so.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Relationship
11/30/2017
Counselor: John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC) replied 6 months ago
John-Michaels
John-Michaels, Counselor (LPC)
Hello, my name is***** am so sorry you’re going through this. It does sound like he has left the door somewhat open. The key is for you not to push the door shut. I think what you do is honor his wishes for a short while. Give him the space the requests. After a few days, get word to him that you are sorry for how you acted. You hope that you can start back where you left off if you push for contact Now, seriously, All you are doing is pushing the door shut. If you wait long enough, he might contact you if he still cares about you, you most definitely will. Does that make sense to you?
it does I do not want to contact him, want to respect him as I feel I have disrespected him. I did something similar a few months back & he wanted to break up but contacted me for a break got his family involed & my brother. I know he has alot of responsibility at the moment so I think this may have a part to play. I am shocked he hasn't contacted my brother to say it's over. I fear it is as he is just being rude back threnthing to block me & tell my brother. Also I fear it's real as cancers are known to be done once they say so.
Well, for that reason, don’t give him to much time.You have your life to live.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.